I LOVE THIS IS THE ONE

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
I LOVE THIS IS THE ONE
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Why are there so many people that hate of Hikki being generic?
I think we (or in this case, I) really need an album like TITO from an artist like Hikki, who mainly has meaningful and deep lyrics. We need a light and easy listening song. We're not always in the mood for that such a literative lyrics and melodies.
About sexual lyrics, uh c'mon she's 26 y o, and she writes songs, not diaries. Even 10 years ago she wrote "our last kiss tasted like a cigarette", which later became a controversy because the Japanese not ready for this, they expecting an cute innocent girl image from hikki. In US she feels that she has more freedom since sexual lyrics are not a big problem in the US.

If you don't like TITO, just leave it, Hikki doesn't need to satisfy you all the time. Maybe you'll be satisfied if math is the theme for her next album, it's hard to digest it and that's what you like. Haha

Lastly. I think the reason why you think her Japanese lyrics are more beautiful because you don't understand what she say and you probably kinda and then you search the translation through the internet, that makes you feel the lyrics are more beautiful. Even when she said "boku wa kuma" you will kind of "I'm a bear? Aww, that's cute", but if you watch tv and saw a little saying "daddy, I wanna be a spider", you probably kinda "what the hell are he saying, he wanna be spider? Sucks!"

just my 0,00005 cent(s)
Posted on: 2009/6/22 13:10
Re: I LOVE THIS IS THE ONE
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Well, that's kinda true. I pretty much like all of her songs. Some more than others and some not so much. But about the whole "I am a bear" thing. It's not exactly "cute", I've always thought it was kinda funny. I never took the song seriously as Hikaru saying "I want to be a bear" I just took as her singing a funny, odd song from a bear's point of view.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/6/22 14:38
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
What works for me in a full on dance track is a hot sensual rhythm, the oozy woozy beats unfolding around me, don?t expect a ?Shakespearian love sonnet? to seduce me.

But picture the scene, ?Boy meets girls on dance floor?, natures chemicals take there effect, Utada?s ?Automatic part II? vibes starts, when I am on the dance floor I like to get totally into the song, fully, like sing the words with all my heart, so to continue , how can I have a sensual mystical, heart stopping experience with loves young dream singing this at full pelt :

Hello my name is Utada like dadadada
For your information I am here to take it higher
Do you like the way I shine like freshly cut sapphire
Music is my business and I'm here to pour it on ya

When I like it, I don't hide it
Got to have it
I can't help it, it's
Automatic
Ripe and ready, call me crazy
Got to love it
And you know it, it's
Automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic
I can't help it
It's automatic
It's automatic

It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic

When I see a microphone I got get it, oh
Capricorn, Aquarius, what a good sense of humor
Find out all about me on myspace and my news letter
I'll be glad to add you but I won't give you my number

Philanthropic, diabolic
So melodic
I can't help it
It's automatic
Vodka tonic, Califunky
Contraceptive
When I'm on it, it's
Automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic
I can't help it
It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic

Indian, Pacific, Arctic, and Atlantic ocean
You can be my Captain and I'll be your Commander
Do you like the way I rhyme, it's pretty darn clever
You could be a virgin now I'm with high intention
It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic

It's automatic
It's automatic
It's automatic

My toes curl up, just thinking about.
Hikki can carry Automatic II musically as the sounds & beats in many ways make up for the appalling ?lyrics?.
Posted on: 2009/6/22 14:57
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

barried wrote:
Why are there so many people that hate of Hikki being generic?
I think we (or in this case, I) really need an album like TITO from an artist like Hikki, who mainly has meaningful and deep lyrics. We need a light and easy listening song. We're not always in the mood for that such a literative lyrics and melodies.
About sexual lyrics, uh c'mon she's 26 y o, and she writes songs, not diaries. Even 10 years ago she wrote "our last kiss tasted like a cigarette", which later became a controversy because the Japanese not ready for this, they expecting an cute innocent girl image from hikki. In US she feels that she has more freedom since sexual lyrics are not a big problem in the US.

If you don't like TITO, just leave it, Hikki doesn't need to satisfy you all the time. Maybe you'll be satisfied if math is the theme for her next album, it's hard to digest it and that's what you like. Haha

Lastly. I think the reason why you think her Japanese lyrics are more beautiful because you don't understand what she say and you probably kinda and then you search the translation through the internet, that makes you feel the lyrics are more beautiful. Even when she said "boku wa kuma" you will kind of "I'm a bear? Aww, that's cute", but if you watch tv and saw a little saying "daddy, I wanna be a spider", you probably kinda "what the hell are he saying, he wanna be spider? Sucks!"

just my 0,00005 cent(s)

ummm actually her japanese lyrics are really meaningful, have u search up the translations of her songs?
Posted on: 2009/6/22 15:24
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
I agree with <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 said.Japanese lyrics of Hikki's song are really meaingful.Sometime you can not translate these lyrics directly or may be if you attend to do like that really,you still understand what she said.But if you try to concentrate in her lyric,you'll found a some meaing hidden inside and if you understand about her imagination,you'll enjoy with interpretation of her lyrics and understand a method of composing her songs.

Her lyrics enrich of metaphorical and literary style in the way of eastern.I advice don't try to much for translation from Japanese to English directly.Because in some wording can not explain in other languages...blah..blah...blah
Posted on: 2009/6/22 17:10
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
CBTM especially the mv, sensual style, sophisticated, venerable, pondering, regretting betrayal with Apple and cinnamon, falling out of love, the lyrics complete a picture of love and envy..love these 2

This one (crying like a child) is another one of my favourites, I struggle with the lyrics, again Hikki pull this off musically and I can forgive ?honey I?ve been living on my own like freddie? playfull yes ok but ?

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence FYI musically sparkles , and I belt out the lyrics when dancing , even through friends , wonder if I?m going insane.

I know this thread is what we love in TITO, and I brought cd and downloaded from itunes, on the strength of these 4 songs alone and have enthusiastically recommend
to friends etc. this my humble opnion on what works for me, not if good or bad
Posted on: 2009/6/22 23:50
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
People have right to express their opinion about TITO okay, that's all i want to say Barried.

Translation in Indonesia

Boleh boleh saja dong mau ngomong apa aja terserah mereka.

Personally i like her Exodus album and all Japanese album the lyric more meaningful and the music more complex .

I like some TITO song the A & C and FYI a fun catchy song, anyway i am still not bought TITO physical album only digital XD
Posted on: 2009/6/23 6:13
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I have nothing but love for TITO. Its great going into a music store and finding her cd's. I've been waiting for TITO for years and I think its one of her best albums. And as much as I like Exodus, TITO blows it out of the water.
Posted on: 2009/6/23 6:28
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I just wanted to chime in and say I love everything about TITO too :]
Posted on: 2009/6/24 6:42
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Yea the album rocks!!!:) love it very much=)
Posted on: 2009/11/1 18:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>