Utada News
  TITO Album in Canada

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
TITO Album in Canada
Administrator
A/S/L
"This Is The One" should finally be available in Canada.

Originally, according to HMV's site, they had posted that TITO would be available May 12, the same time as the American release.

After this, the same HMV page began to show HMV stores slowly get stocked, starting with stores in Ontario and Quebec, and then slowly over the next couple weeks, spread west across the rest of the country. Shortly after May 12 came and went, HMVs site eventually updated with a new release date.

All stores across the country showed stock, but after checking a few local shops, they were not on shelves yet - not until the new release date: June 23, 2009.

June 23 was just this Tuesday, so theoretically its available now! ... but I have not had a chance to go check the shops myself yet and buy my copy.

Other Canadian stores also show the same release date and listing on their websites: Future Shop BestBuy HMV

So not much of an exciting release ... no real promo ... so Canadian fans ... get out there and make a splash!

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/6/26 5:41
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: TITO Album in Canada
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
So the 23rd June was the official release date of TITO in Canada.
As a matter of interest was the retail outlets the first one to know or was there a official press release?
Posted on: 2009/6/26 5:55
Administrator
A/S/L
It was only published on the retail store websites and no where in www.emimusic.ca

Posted on: 2009/6/26 11:13
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I FINALLY GOT MINE!!!!

I got a call from Tuesday from HMV since I requested the order from them, and when I went today (friday) it was on the New Release shelves =)
Posted on: 2009/6/26 16:45
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
congratz seraphim!!

u canadian fans betta get out of ur seat and go buy urself a copy of TITO!!!
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:27
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I had to import mine here in the UK from Japan, I am just wondering, it is not inconceivable Hikki?s could return to promo TITO in Canada.

When Hikki has taken a ?blog break ?or goes ?walk about? , I not being sarcastic, it does not seem to be in the middle of a major US release, I know the illness has thrown Hikki plans and schedules? to pot, but if Hikki (when Hikki is well) was to release second single in both Canada and US simultaneously, and choose a song that is up tempo, and be a bit more daring , more sensual, be naughty but nice, playful, Hikki can do this, she pretty, confident, Hikki can balance naughty but nice, when looking at the us radio Interviews for TITO, Hikki could have playfully slapped the jocks down a bit, BoA?s quite good at this, please don?t give me that look, I know BoA not Hikki !

Hikki can show her personality, she can be quite a comedian with the right atmosphere, and company.
Posted on: 2009/6/29 5:53
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I'm getting mine in the mail from Amazon.ca soon.

I WISH I had access to a store so that I could get a poster though.
Posted on: 2009/6/29 21:14
Administrator
A/S/L
SO i finally got mine yesterday. ... haha havent opened it yet :P

... apparently from the same shop as seraphim.
Its not on the new releases anymore. And it looks like I got the last one at that store.

Oh ... and her cds are still listed under the H's as Utada Hikaru - instead of the U's. (I did see one store fix this last month tho)

Posted on: 2009/7/2 0:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic