Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Rumour that Hikki doesn't enjoy her US Promotions?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  llama
      llama
Rumour that Hikki doesn't enjoy her US Promotions?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
So we all know that there has been no news on Hikki in awhile. That is no secret.

I spoke with my friend, who is Japanese and currently living in Osaka to see if there had been any news in Japan recently that maybe we didn't have access to in other countries. She responded that the new Eva single is on the charts, but that there wasn't much info on that either. She said the only other thing she heard was rumours that Hikki didn't enjoy her promotions in the US because she had to sing in a lot of crappy places since she isn't as popular here as in Japan. She doesn't know if that is actually the case, but that is the only other thing she has heard about Utada recently.

So do you guys think it's possible she's not promoting right now simply because she got tired of it? That doesn't seem like something she would do, but then again I have no idea what the situation was like for her, either. So if she was really unhappy she could very well have made that decision, and that is her right. Although I would feel sad if she gained such a negative opinion of the US, especially when there are a lot of people here who love her.

What do you all think?
Posted on: 2009/6/28 8:14
  •  paisith
      paisith
Re: Rumour that Hikki doesn't enjoy her US Promotions?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
Thank you for your news.
I think that's possible like you said.May be she was tried and ill at the same time.But I think that is not at all reason for no news on her blog or anywhere.In personally I know her more than an artist or composer,for a business condition I know what she will do and what she will go.

If she really feel unhappy with her promotion like your friend said.I just want to say that is a common for someone who try to catch an admiration in US.It's not easy and I want to tell Hikki "don't hesitate for a decision whatever you want to do for the next.We're always respect in your decision and always have a faithfulness in you"
Posted on: 2009/6/28 9:17
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i dont know.. why does she havent updated her blog yet?.. its been ages and its the first time that she vacants her blogposts this long
Posted on: 2009/6/28 9:43
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

llama wrote:
So we all know that there has been no news on Hikki in awhile. That is no secret.

I spoke with my friend, who is Japanese and currently living in Osaka to see if there had been any news in Japan recently that maybe we didn't have access to in other countries. She responded that the new Eva single is on the charts, but that there wasn't much info on that either. She said the only other thing she heard was rumours that Hikki didn't enjoy her promotions in the US because she had to sing in a lot of crappy places since she isn't as popular here as in Japan. She doesn't know if that is actually the case, but that is the only other thing she has heard about Utada recently.

So do you guys think it's possible she's not promoting right now simply because she got tired of it? That doesn't seem like something she would do, but then again I have no idea what the situation was like for her, either. So if she was really unhappy she could very well have made that decision, and that is her right. Although I would feel sad if she gained such a negative opinion of the US, especially when there are a lot of people here who love her.

What do you all think?

I don't know about whether she enjoys her promotion in the US or not, but even if it is true, I don't think Hikki will voice out her opinion openly. At most when asked whether she enjoyed the promotion in US, she might answer "yeah, its okay".

Even if she doesn't enjoy the promotion, I think singing at crappy places isn't such a good reason for Hikki not to enjoy, especially when there are still so many fans cheering for her.

I think why she is not promoting right now, not because she got tired of it, but more of related to the illness she gets. I think she is simply resting, or maybe just busy preparing her new Japanese album?

But I do agree that she is away for too long, there have been no news of her recently... Even if she just leave a "I'm fine, don't worry" message in her blog to tell us that she is doing well, then I'm sure most, if not everyone of her fans would be happy...
Posted on: 2009/6/28 10:53
Re: Rumour that Hikki doesnt enjoy her US Promotions?
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I would take this rumour lightly as it sounds just like that, a rumour. Sounds like someone or the Japanese tabloids or whatever just came up with this "conclusion" because she hasn't been around lately.

From the interviews, she seemed to be enjoying them very much. She was getting much better at interviews and seemed even more outspoken than she is for the Japanese press. And not liking small areas to sing in sounds like a very "diva" thing and we all know that Utada is no diva. She's very down-to-earth and humble and that's why we love her.
Posted on: 2009/6/28 12:15
  •  llama
      llama
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
I would take this rumour lightly as it sounds just like that, a rumour. Sounds like someone or the Japanese tabloids or whatever just came up with this "conclusion" because she hasn't been around lately.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. My friend even said as far as she knew it was just a rumour.

Quote:

seraphim wrote:From the interviews, she seemed to be enjoying them very much. She was getting much better at interviews and seemed even more outspoken than she is for the Japanese press. And not liking small areas to sing in sounds like a very "diva" thing and we all know that Utada is no diva. She's very down-to-earth and humble and that's why we love her.

I think so, too. She seemed like she was really excited about her new album and proud of it. So I would find it strange for her to suddenly stop for that reason. Although she has expressed slightly negative opinions of the US on her blog in the past(though she often follows that with saying that the US is her home as much as Japan is, and it is part of her.) I just hope that she hasn't been intentionally mistreated, overlooked, or dismissed by people here. Like most everyone on these boards, I'm sure, I really want to see her do well in the US and be recognized as a serious artist rather than a wannabe. With her talent there is no reason for her to be given the short end of the stick.
Posted on: 2009/6/28 13:08
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
And not liking small areas to sing in sounds like a very "diva" thing and we all know that Utada is no diva. She's very down-to-earth and humble and that's why we love her.

I totally agree with that. Hikki is not as shallow to simply quit trying to promote her US album because she had to sing in crappy places. I'm positive Hikki knows she has to start from the bottom up and it's not easy to become a hit singer right away in the US or in any country for that matter.

I honestly think Hikki is just recovering. But I agree...she should update with SOMETHING. Even if it's just a picture of Kuma Chang! X3
Posted on: 2009/6/28 20:57
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Interesting rumour XD this rumour might happen. Since no update about her and she didn't post her blog. People began curious, even though this is not her longest not post her blog entry XD.She not even appear at Eva 2.0 premiere

She not just popular in Japan only but all around the world already recognize her, and the team behind Utada should know that. A little update about her condition can rest Utada fans brain XD and this kind of rumour might not happen

I'm agree with Cherrysoda that she should update something, maybe she got H1N1 virus . kidding
Posted on: 2009/6/29 0:17
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

llama wrote:

What do you all think?

hmmm intresting rumor if that is the case, i wouldn't blame her cuz u know how the U.S is....
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:23
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Thanx llama (sorry not sure spelt name right,font correct?)

It feels like a throw away comment, Radio and TV studio?s are fitted out for a single purpose, they are not like hotel suites, we sometimes witness ?behind the scenes? stuff, you know some late night celebrity interviews sometimes looks in on, as the host, chats and jokes while the celebs wait there turn, the rooms are pretty Spartan, like normal waiting rooms, with complimentary drinks and a few freebies. All the ?stars? seem to be relaxed with this.
Gwyneth Paltrow, appeared recently on a late night chat show and the camera followed her from the dressing room, ?seriously crappy? would be a fair description of the state of the studio, As Gwyneth moved through an endless route of corridors, rubbish was strewn everywhere and some of the studio team has mega burgers hanging from there mouths!

Can you imagine poor Hikki having had to serenade CBTM to a ?Quarter Pounder with Cheese? revolving around some studio guys gob, mind you this will ?like be a walk in the park? for Hikki, she spent her childhood years hanging around studio with her parents, ?learning her trade? like my grandpa says!

TITO from the start could not have had a better launch, CBTM was a perfect intro single and the promo MV was a peach, she was bright, happy, and confident.
And Hikki had good reason to be, TITO has all the right ingredients for a ?sit up and listen? experience for new fans to taste, ok some Hikki fans familiar with ?Heart Station? (me) will comment at some of the ?mischievously cheeky Hikki lyric mischief making?, and other will lament on the full on R&B.

I am a somewhat over enthusiastic Hikki fan I admit, but is it such a big issue for IDF to slowly introduce Hikki, her music, her contributions to Japanese music industry to a new US fan base, to take a glimpse at Hikki?s life and experiences in music from her early childhood in a show case format, with a more informal relaxed chat vibe. I know little about US music industry, maybe this is not the right format that US fans will enjoy, it just sound like it could work to me.

I humbly want Hikki just to let us know she is ok, whatever Hikki feels about anything else ok , but a few words through her management and I try to shut up!
Sorry I am not going to make promise, but I will try.
Posted on: 2009/6/29 2:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>