Santuary (Opening) and Santuary (Ending) released in Japan

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Santuary (Opening) and Santuary (Ending) released in Japan
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/male/USA
apparently both bonus tracks from TITO (US) have been released in japan. with special artwork...U.blog
Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:30
Re: Santuary (Opening) and Santuary (Ending) released in Japan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
yeah i heard about this. i'm a little put off for her japanese sales in her choice of doing this. wasn't passion already a single?
Posted on: 2009/7/21 20:09
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Posted on: 2009/7/22 2:11
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
yeah i heard about this. i'm a little put off for her japanese sales in her choice of doing this. wasn't passion already a single?

Yeah but they are two different songs though they share the same composition.And they got to hear Sanctuary with KH2FM+,I swear it was on the FM+ OST too.But anyways,Def Jam Island had rights to Sanctuary so they can do what they want with it.If this will sell some extra units via imports as well,then smart smart move.Sanctuary's ballad version isn't labeled "~After the battle~" too?I saw it that way many times.And I just couple them on to the Passion single digitally anyways.That and the BoBD cover from the holiday special.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 8:54
Hikki Obsessed
yeah i noticed the title difference. i was put off by it and had to double check that "sanctuary (opening)" and "sanctuary (closing)" were actually the "sanctuary" and sanctuary ~after the battle~".

i'm confused as to how a "bonus track" can become a single. but i mean, hey shakira did it, too.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 10:18
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/male/USA
If universal was smart they could release Sanctuary as the Next single, and if it was playing on the radio im sure many kingdom hearts fans would hear it and realize that Utada is from kingdom hearts, and idk try to buy the CD! so, or they could like physically and include like an instrumental with alot of remixes!
Posted on: 2009/7/22 11:24
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
But the bonus tracks were for Japan only and Sanctuary was still the image song for KH2.It's been 3 yrs.It might act as a turn off more than anything.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 12:45
Hikki Obsessed
and it would never get radio play.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:24
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
i think it wasn't too smart releasing both sanctuarys as singles in japan because by keeping them exclusive to the american cd, it would incline more japanese fans to import the cd, thus boosting her record sales in the US. but w/e, its her album, let her do what she wants
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:31
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/male/USA
yea....but it would be up to her fans to request and eventually if it gets requested enough she is going to get more fans, and plus the kingdom hearts fans who hear it on the radio will most likely request it too!
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>