Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ensifer
      ensifer
About First Love in English
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
This is kind of a curiosity question that's probably incredibly late by nearly a decade, but google didn't give me much help. The song First Love, was the English version sung by the singer named Jessa Zaragoza? Or was it merely written by Jessa Zaragoza and sung by Utada? If the english version wasn't sung by Utada, did she ever actually sing it in English? And random question, any one know why she never released the song on any of her albums that came out in America? Or did I just miss it? Thanks.
Posted on: 2009/10/18 17:43
Re: About First Love in English
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Utada was the original artist. It came out first anyway. :3 Jessa Zaragoza just made an English cover. Filipinos tend to do taht, methinks. owo; It's a nice version though, nice lyrics. But Utada's definitely the original composer.
Posted on: 2009/10/18 18:56
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Well, Zaragosa just used a poem to replace Utada Hikaru's japanese lyrics and tried to fit it in Hikki's melody.

Yes, I think I've heard Hikki sang this in a live or something, but she remastered the lyrics of the english version since the poem being JUST INSERTED TO FIT THE LYRICS isn't that great.

Have you heard another filipino artist, Toni Gonzaga, who stole Utada's First Love's melody. Her composer tried to CHANGE some of the melody structure a bit but they failed to make it a bit DIFFERENT XP. I think they STOLE Hikki's work:

http://rimart.net/2007/02/14/we-belong-toni-gonzaga/

I heard another MASSACRE of First Love in the Philippines...while I was riding a jeep on my way home...I heard a song made by amateurs: A rap version of First Love...it really sucks
Posted on: 2009/10/18 19:03
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
SHOULD WE FILE A PETITION TO UTADA TO SUE CHRISTIAN MARTINEZ (ACCLAIMEED "COMPOSER" OF THE SONG: WE BELONG) AND TONI GONZAGA?

here's the link in order for you to judge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-frLRQCV4U
Posted on: 2009/10/18 19:12
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Hmmm i think the composer should at least credited Utada Hikaru , or he must make a statement the song melody inspiration came from First Love by Utada Hikaru.
Posted on: 2009/10/18 20:43
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Well, that's the sad thing about it...coz He was even proud about it

He stated that he has already composed a LOT of novelty songs for a LOT of Filipino artists and he admitted that he got the music from utada and the only thing that he wishes is that people would be HAPPY ABOUT IT....

Although he admitted that he got the music from Hikki yet not crediting Hikki for it on the booklet of Toni Gonzaga's album/single, doesn't it imply that he doesn't care to credit Hikki and steal Hikki's copyrights for it.

Isn't he implying that IT IS OK to plagiarize?!? Many artists and composers here in the Philippines commit plagiarism against foreign artists such as Hikki.

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE?
Posted on: 2009/10/20 18:03
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
the jessa saragoza version of first love totally insulted hikaru.

anyone who does this to hikaru should be hanged in the gallows. they don't have a bit of respect for the artist's intellectual property. it is worse that stealing money.

let there be blooooooddddd!!!!
Posted on: 2009/10/20 20:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic