•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Utada's "fans"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I'm sorry about this, but I really need to get it off my chest:

After seeing the response to the supposed "This One (Official Acoustic)" on her supposed YouTube channel, I am appalled at her so-called fans.
Why are they loving this obvious trash? Any hint of Utada or a new song and they pounce and immediately love it! IT's completely ludicrus!
I mean, I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but no one can possibly love ALL of Utada's songs and ALL the things she does, and worships the ground she walks on, I'm sorry, but it's true.
Yet, there are fans out there who do. I mean, Easy Breezy is not a song a lot of people like, yet some fans out there like it because Utada made it, not that they think it's any good.
I mean, yes, there are people who do genuinely like this song (I myself think it's okay, not amazing, but okay). And there are a few songs I completely detest made by Utada (most of her earlier work does not get me). All I'm wondering is why these so-called fans are pouncing at such an obviously fake song and loving it, when it's clearly awful. Some have even said "it's better than the original!" which is a complete lie, it sounds AWFUL, and there's nothing acoustic about it.

Rant over, does anyone else hate those Utada-zomgsheshe'samazingilovehersomuchomgshereleasedanewsongiloveitwithoutevenhearingit fans?
Posted on: 2009/8/9 8:59
  •  khutadafreak24
      khutadafreak24
Re: Utadas "fans"
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I personally couldnt stand the new "remixes" or "acoustic version" it was obviously a fake, but i rea some of he comments and though, "comeon, you have GOT t be kidding" i myself love a lot of her songs, as a lot of fans do, but as you said, some of her earlier work...i dont really like. And then theres those fans that do worship the ground she walks on ect....and ithink its rediculous...more like obsessed robots then fans....a fan is supopsed to support the artist, but they are still aloud to not like a song... But as you said about Easy Breezy...i really did like that song :] hehe..it was fun to laugh about the lyrics...and it was a really fun song :] but , you are completely right those "Utada-zomgsheshe'samazingilovehersomuchomgshereleasedanewsongiloveitwithoutevenhearingit" fans are kinda dumb....
Posted on: 2009/8/9 9:57
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Whilst i agree it is totally pointless to love a song because you love the artist rather than because you like it, what is the point of needlessly trying to insult people?

Quote:

JimJam wrote:
obviously fake song and loving it, when it's clearly awful

ok i havent even heard this version so i cant really comment on it, though i agree from what others have said its most likely fake, but saying its 'clearly awful' is your opinion not anyone elses, people can like what they want because everyones taste is different, isnt THAT the point?

that said, i really cant stand any of her cubic u stuff and have never been able to listen to one night magic or eternally for some reason.
Posted on: 2009/8/9 11:17
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
that version was just not utada... was just crappy shit made by a bored child or watheva! Utada fan's are trully hidden into a forum or over old cds! :P
Posted on: 2009/8/9 11:24
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
i liked the song because i like strings. it's not better than the original. i can like fake remixes that aren't produced by utada, as i have several on my mp3. i also like easy breezy.

that being said, i don't like every song by utada. several songs of exodus and even automatic, i don't like those songs at all, among various others.

anyway, the point is, people have opinions on what they like, and just because someone thinks a certain song is awful and another person thinks otherwise doesn't make them less of a fan.
Posted on: 2009/8/9 11:37
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Utada-zomgsheshe'samazingilovehersomuchomgshereleasedanewsongiloveitwithoutevenhearingitzomgzomgzomg
Posted on: 2009/8/9 13:18
  •  khutadafreak24
      khutadafreak24
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It was diffrent, but clearly not the work of Utada, some person messing around with a new software,and wanted people to see it..
Posted on: 2009/8/9 13:51
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I agree. Though I never heard the This One Acoustic but if it was fake I'm glad I didn't. But I'm a huge fan of Utada But I don't like all her songs I love the work she did when she stoped the whole R&B and pop jpop sound and went more artistic musicaly. though TITO is pop and a bit r&b its a differant kind like utadas own pop. easy breezy is a guilty plesure for me not because utada made it but its just to cute and playful. but yeah i agree with all the i hate fans that are mondless morons about there fav artist or celeb
Posted on: 2009/8/9 14:45
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Yeah, unfortunately, I think I'm kinda like that. When I hear the acoustic I was like, "Eh...? Well, maybe I'll like it a little bit more after I hear the full thing?" But, yeah, I've said that before, "I just like it cuz it's her!" But I can realize a bad performance and I'm not in love with all of her songs. Give Me A Reason, About Me, Kettobase, Kotobani Naranai Kimochi, Exodus '04, Passion, and Hikari are some songs I don't like far too much but I don't hate them. And I find Easy Breezy to be a cool song but it's not in my top. Idk, I know I can get "obsessive" but I don't think I'm too crazy. Not yet...

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/9 17:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I didn't get to hear the "acoustic version", and I don't know how I would have reacted to hearing it.

Honestly though, no artist can have EVERY song liked by EVERYBODY ... but if some people want to be senseless fans I'd rather it be for Utada to spread the word
Posted on: 2009/8/9 20:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>