utada in german magazine

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
utada in german magazine
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Utada is on the cover of german j-pop magazine Peach!

thanks to hajuketobu of jpopmusic forums.

can anyone translate?
Posted on: 2009/8/5 21:28
Re: utada in german magazine
Hikki Obsessed
for some reason i was double posted.
sorry.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 21:29
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
hikki's blood type is A right? not O
Posted on: 2009/8/5 21:35
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
haha yeah, her blood type is A, i remember very well she wrote in her website that most of her friends are type O instead, and i am type O!!! so does that make me have better chance to be her friend?! just jk!

btw, thanks for the link! Good thing she's recognised in germany!
Posted on: 2009/8/6 1:58
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
awesomeness =)
Posted on: 2009/8/6 2:23
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Is it just me or do her eyes look kind of red/tired in the picture?
Posted on: 2009/8/6 7:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
cool! my 2 fave artists!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2009/8/6 7:42
Hikki Obsessed
bad translation but you get the gist of it:

The Japanese-American pop - called by her fans lovingly, 'Hiki-chan' is called ...

... to start over after the 2008 Japanese released album 'Heart Station' nix for a long time to listen to.

Until March this year, in the United States the English-language album 'This Is The One "at the famous American label Def Jam Iceland (Hip-hop legend!) Under the name 'Utada', she appeared. In Japan 'This Is The One' reached the top of the Oricon charts, and in America at least 69 of the square Billboard charts, which for a Japanese artist ever to succeed as a gross value. In the rough, the whole album was dominated by modern American R&B; the Japan - yes all the releases were more toward pop - which is also the difference between the Western and Eastern economic market systems. What you may now prefer to remain so basically every "uberlassen" (?) itself, but the success in Japan shows times already that oral health in the country of the Western Urban happy times music is belongs. miracles do me not. Not that 'Utada' a fondness for such music has the "schlieblich" (?) pay the New York-born enthusiastic Tetris playera lot of American hip - Hop / R & B artist on their models.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 11:27
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
bad translation but you get the gist of it:

The Japanese-American pop - called by her fans lovingly, 'Hiki-chan' is called ...

... to start over after the 2008 Japanese released album 'Heart Station' nix for a long time to listen to.

Until March this year, in the United States the English-language album 'This Is The One "at the famous American label Def Jam Iceland (Hip-hop legend!) Under the name 'Utada', she appeared. In Japan 'This Is The One' reached the top of the Oricon charts, and in America at least 69 of the square Billboard charts, which for a Japanese artist ever to succeed as a gross value. In the rough, the whole album was dominated by modern American R&B; the Japan - yes all the releases were more toward pop - which is also the difference between the Western and Eastern economic market systems. What you may now prefer to remain so basically every "uberlassen" (?) itself, but the success in Japan shows times already that oral health in the country of the Western Urban happy times music is belongs. miracles do me not. Not that 'Utada' a fondness for such music has the "schlieblich" (?) pay the New York-born enthusiastic Tetris playera lot of American hip - Hop / R & B artist on their models.

"but the success in Japan shows times already that oral health in the country of the Western Urban happy times music is belongs."

Say what now?Def jam Iceland huh XD.You used a translator or did someone do it for you?
Posted on: 2009/8/6 11:37
Hikki Obsessed
of course i used a translator.
do you think i'd spend that much time trying to figure out everything it said?

honestly, people can be so ungrateful! on jpopmusic, too. i mean seriously, you couldn't understand anything it said before.

EDIT: here's a better translation. thanks to elaseee from jpopmusic forums:

Quote:
the japanese-american pop-artist, who also gets fondly called "Hiki-chan" by her fans...

didn't let hear of her since the release of the japanese album "Heart Station" in the beginning of 2008.
Till March (of this year), when the english album "This Is The One" was released by the well known american label Island Def Jam (Hip-Hop-Legend) under the stagename of "Utada".

In Japan the album topped the Oricon-Charts, in America it reached at least #69 in the Billboard-Charts.
This already counts as big achievement for a Japanese artist.
All in one, the album is dominated by modern american R&B; the Japan-releases are usually more pop-oriented -
this also shows the difference between the western and the eastern music market.

It's for everyone to decide what they prefer, but the success in Japan points out, that
even in the "country of smiles" western urban-music gets appreciated.
Doesn't startle me at all. And it doesn't startle me as well, that "Utada" has preferences
for such music, as in the end the in-new-york-born-thrilled-about-tetris player counts
many american Hip-Hop/R&B artists as her idols.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 12:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>