Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  KH-UH-fan
      KH-UH-fan
Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19 - Female - Florida
Fans have started a petition requesting Utada to resume her US promotional schedule.

Copy and paste the link into your browser:

http://lnk.ms/1YMqR

Sorry if this has already been posted. :[
Posted on: 2009/8/29 9:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
guest_Unregistered
thanks for the info. i just signed it...let's hope we could get more ppl!!
Posted on: 2009/8/29 10:08
  •  jagamijs
      jagamijs
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16 years old, Male, I'm living in Latvia (It's in Northern Europe), Ventspils (By the sea)
I think this is completely stupid.
She's been working her ass off since 2006, and I really think she could take some time to recover physically and artistically. Maybe she doesn't want to continue her western music career for a while, maybe she wants to rest.

And honestly - I think it's already too late to release new singles and to promote the album itself, because, if it wasn't able to break into the US top 50 when it's promotion was the strongest, then don't think this will do anything right. Face it - The album is dead, and I would rather see new material from Hikki, I don't care how much time this will take.

Are charts and sales figures so important !?!?!?!
If you like the album, then just listen to it, and be happy that you know about it.

Actually - music is art, and you are expecting Hikki to be some kind of slave that is working just for you. Think about HER.

I'm sick of this moaning that ''she isn't making any promotional activities or putting out new music.''
Things like this takes time...
Posted on: 2009/8/29 10:09
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
If Utada wants to resume promo and release another single here in the states then she will do it. These petitions are rather pointless. Though I would prefer to resume promo here then for her to release another electronica/experimental Japanese album.
The most important thing is for Utada to be healthy and well rested.
Posted on: 2009/8/29 10:57
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I thought we already decided that the album was to see nothing more and if she really wanted to push the album, she would be doing so now. Now we just have to make do with what we have and hope there will be something new coming soon.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/29 18:38
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Man, you guys are so demanding.
Posted on: 2009/8/29 20:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Leave her alone and let her be.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 0:21
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm not signing this because I don't think it's going to make a difference, myself. I've begun to realize more and more (since the start of her US promotion) that Utada is an extremely introspective artist, and I've stopped expecting her to make appearances or do concerts. She prefers to connect with her fans (if at all) through intangible means- or through her music itself. It's disappointing and saddening, but I doubt I'll ever see Utada in person again, and I've come to terms with that.

But if other Hikki fans think a petition will do the trick, go ahead. Worst case scenario, she gets annoyed and doesn't check the petition. She's a mature woman. I doubt she'll have a hissy fit and refuse to make any more music just because of some online petition. Best case scenario she knows her fans care about her and her work and want to see more of her.

So everyone out there saying "don't even bother"- it isn't demanding to want to see your favorite performer more than once every ten years. It's demanding to assume you have a right to. These fans are just making a request, and that is completely understandable; and I will say that it is fairly rude on Hikki's part to announce promotional plans and then cancel them abruptly with virtually NO follow-up. Not even a blog post saying "Sorry, couldn't make it." Not three words. Nada. Many people made plans and reservations to see her- it's like inviting someone to a party and then having your representative cancel the party for you without so much as a glance their way. It's like something Britney Spears would do (that's right, I said it and I don't regret it). A response isn't that much to ask for. Do we have a right to one? No. Would it be courteous and respectful on Utada's part to assure us that she has some semblance of interest in the people who support her and make her a success? I should say so.

Hikki isn't sick anymore. If she isn't willing to reschedule the appearances, at least the petition might urge her to explain why. I don't think it will personally, but as I said, that shouldn't stop anyone from trying. :/

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/30 1:11
  •  jagamijs
      jagamijs
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16 years old, Male, I'm living in Latvia (It's in Northern Europe), Ventspils (By the sea)
Only one thing - this is not in Hikki's hands. Things like these are decided by Island Def Jam...

I partially agree with that part about blog, but she's just a human.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 7:33
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
You know what I think it's too much for her to be pushed IF she really doesn't want to continue her career in the US. BUT signing THIS petition would really be a good try so that she would really feel appreciated and know that she is really well loved. :D

It is only God who can change her heart and lead her towards what God wants her to finish. Continue praying for her to learn what God's will is and everything will just be fine. Maybe it is not yet time for her to be big in the US...God Bless you all!
Posted on: 2009/8/30 14:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>