Ughh my girlfriend said utadas songs were stupid and i fliped >_<

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Ughh my girlfriend said utadas songs were stupid and i fliped >_<
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
well pretty much we were talking and i was sending her vids from hikki's utada united tour 2006 and she replys back say oh her songs are stupid so i get hella pissed and we argue for about 25 min >_<

anyone ever do something like that and make you mad?
Posted on: 2009/9/16 19:27
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: Ughh my girlfriend said utadas songs were stupid and i fliped >_<
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I feel your pain. =/

But then again.. she's your girlfriend. It's not really good to argue over an artist. This kind of things are subjective. It's either you like the music or you don't. It's not really her fault but I guess she shouldn't say that Utada's songs are stupid in front of an Utada fan.

The other day I showed my mom Kremlin Dusk and You Make Me Want to Be a Man from Utada United. Then she just said her vocals are common and those songs aren't hard to be performed live. I was like....is that right? *rolls eyes*

Btw, I'm just curious, why did she find Utada's songs stupid? Lol.
Posted on: 2009/9/16 19:38
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Whoa that's a bit harsh. That "Oh her songs are stupid" could have been a .50 cal bullet shot from a Barret sniper rifle that would have assassinated your relationship.

ramenbox(your name makes me lol everytime i read it! Nice pick. ) is right though. Some people just have different tastes on things. Some are open to new ideas, others are closed minded to them. And race doesn't matter either. But if you can live with those differences in a relationship, then all should be fine and none of them will really matter.

A shame though that hikki's magical voice didn't have any effect on her
Posted on: 2009/9/16 22:10
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Wow that's not nice. I'm glad my husband loves hikki as well. Not as much as I love her though haha. We listen to hikki all the time! We are actually listening to her now.
Anywho, people should appreciate other peoples taste in music. If you don't like it, oh well. It's not something to fight about or make offending comments about.
Posted on: 2009/9/17 0:00
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
My girlfriend is a Koda Kumi fan. She dislikes Utada and she said that Utada's songs are not powerful and as energetic as Koda's. I also dislike Koda, I told her that Koda's music is not creative. But it's okay. There's so much things between us other than Utada and Koda
Posted on: 2009/9/17 0:29
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^Sounds like it's time to get a new girlfriend!

Lol *check the tag of her shirt* "Whoop looks like you've expired! Time to go.."
Posted on: 2009/9/17 1:00
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Funny story, but as the others have already said: it's not really something to fight about. :p

I've had different reactions from ppl I've showed Utada's music to. In school just when Come Back To Me was new I listened to it and one of my best friends said "Who's that singing, it's a good song" and I trust her since she also sings and perform live etc.

Once I showed my mother Kremlin Dusk and You Make Me Want To Be A Man from Utada United and she thought it was great songs (my mom is more into the rock songs), but then another day when she obviously hadn't had her coffee yet she spat "seriously what IS that?!" when I listened to You Make Me Want To Me A Man. I just answered "the song you thought were awesome the other day" :p
Posted on: 2009/9/17 1:20
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
looks like i'm pretty lucky =o my mom adores hikki, my dad is quite fond of her and my aunt is a huge fan of hers :D (she pays for some Hikki CDs I buy xD)

but apart from that, my european friends aren't too fond of her... everyone seems to like Simple And Clean but apart from that... one friend once said:"her music sounds too exotic and japanese for me" while i was playing Colors
and another friend asked:" are you SERIOUSLY listening to this kind of music???? " while playing Come Back to Me =_=' luckily my asian friends all love her xD phew
Posted on: 2009/9/17 2:22
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hi A5UKA,

It?s sad but true that when a guy is too eager share his ?first love? and you seem to wonder why your girlfriend is miffed well her first thought could have been.... What is wrong with this guy? Why is he sending me this? Is he saying I have to share him with Hikki? Is he insane?

Why not introduce and share with your Girlfriend some of your favorite Hikki?s lyrics first?

The Lyrics to ?Take A Little While? for instance?

Take a little while to think things through.
Take a little while to make things true
We dont' have to rush.
Like I said before.
When I told you you're the only girl that I adore
It doesn't mean I'm askin'.
For you to rush.
Don't rush.
Just wait.
Cause I want you to
I just can't explain.
This feeling.
Am I gonna gain respect or will it all be in vain
I'm waiting day and night.
for the answer.
Dont' rush.Just wait.
I know this will last
there's not need to break my heart.
You've had my love from the very start.
Please wait
Take your time.
Don't you rush this love of mine.

(Sic) sorry Hikki I have changed ?Boy? to ?Girl?, gender balance

Your Girlfriend may feel you?re laying out traps, saying all the right things but meaning none of them, in the process she may feel your being insincere, someone who is more into ?games? than being in a relationship.
For this reason your girlfriend may feel unsure of your feelings.

As a matter of interest how many ?vids? did you send? And your girlfriends taste in music?

Sorry nosey as always
Posted on: 2009/9/17 2:35
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
i guess people have different tastes in music and they're entitled to their own opinions. I think she'd even dislike Hikki even more if you played more of her songs.

My mom thought I was too obessed with Hikki but after watching Last Friends, my mom fell in love with POL. hahaa
Posted on: 2009/9/17 10:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>