•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
english or japanese music videos?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
which do you guys prefer?

Hikki's japanese or english music videos?

I like her japanese music videos more. they are, how do you put it - surreal and visually enthralling.

what do you think?
Posted on: 2009/9/25 10:41
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Re: english or japanese music videos?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I think her Japanese Videos. She can be who she is in her Japanese ones. Meanwhile when in her english she just acts how Americans/Europeans act.
She Not like that though. She's more fun loving.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/9/25 10:52
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Japanese.
She should make more music videos.
Posted on: 2009/9/25 11:22
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
really depends... if the music videos will be like Flavor of Life or even like Beautiful World/Kiss & Cry THEN i'd prefer a music video ? la Come Back To Me... lol
Posted on: 2009/9/25 11:31
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Well, I love FINAL DISTANCE that video is beautiful. I also like Keep Tryin' Beautiful World, Be My Last, Kiss & Cry, Sakura Drops, Traveling, Passion, Hikari, DEEP RIVER,
and out of her U.S Videos I like You Make Me Wanna Be A Man, I like her artistic vids so Easy Breezy and Come Back To Me and the rest of her JAP vids that wasn't really artistic doesn't really work with me there good vids but nothing to be amazed by, unlike the ones mentioned above.

But I don't separate her work like her Jap or U.S music, to me it's all the same it's still the same Artist.
Posted on: 2009/9/25 16:21
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Both of her english and japenese vids are great.
Posted on: 2009/9/25 17:20
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Hikki4life4ever wrote:
I think her Japanese Videos. She can be who she is in her Japanese ones. Meanwhile when in her english she just acts how Americans/Europeans act.

Excuse me? Generalize much...
I agree Boku its so pointless to separate her work I think threads like this one and others are causing division among Hikki fans.
Posted on: 2009/9/25 17:21
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I prefer Japanese ones too. They look really beautiful and fun at the same time! One of my all time favorite is Keep Tryin'. I NEVER get bored watching that video! It's so colorful and the concept is great!

Her English videos are okay but not that special as compared to her Japanese videos. Like what Hikki4life4ever said, Hikki just acts like any other western pop star in her english music videos. The make up for Easy Breezy was atrocious but I really love the part when she changes the gears while she was driving. That part is total WIN!

I wish there was a music video for Kremlin Dusk.
And I wonder why there is only video for TiTO? She should at least make another one.
Posted on: 2009/9/25 17:53
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
I prefer Japanese ones too. They look really beautiful and fun at the same time! One of my all time favorite is Keep Tryin'. I NEVER get bored watching that video! It's so colorful and the concept is great!

Her English videos are okay but not that special as compared to her Japanese videos. Like what Hikki4life4ever said, Hikki just acts like any other western pop star in her english music videos. The make up for Easy Breezy was atrocious but I really love the part when she changes the gears while she was driving. That part is total WIN!

I wish there was a music video for Kremlin Dusk.
And I wonder why there is only video for TiTO? She should at least make another one.

Because there is only one single from TITO and that's why only one video :(

Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Quote:

Hikki4life4ever wrote:

Excuse me? Generalize much...
I agree Boku its so pointless to separate her work I think threads like this one and others are causing division among Hikki fans.

Thank you for agreeing with me gantzman246 :)
Posted on: 2009/9/25 18:51
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
gantzman, i think this thread does not cause tension among hikki fans. its a very healthy way of expressing our love for Hikki.

Whether it is japanese or english music videos, its the music that counts isn't it? the videos are there as a visual means rendering the music.

Wouldn't it be nice if Hikki releases an english song with a video in the same alley as Sakura Drops/Travelling/Keep Tryin'?

peace!
Posted on: 2009/9/25 20:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>