Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Do As Infinity - ETERNAL FLAME(Their reunion album?So why am I still missing them? (review update))

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Do As Infinity - ETERNAL FLAME(Their reunion album?So why am I still missing them? (review update))
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I'm shocked by their choice of promotional songs.The title track sounds like something Seiji Kameda composed w/ the Missile Innovation members as support group(of course not including Ryo :P).This is a weird way to revive the group in my opinion.Not to say I'm not like it.But Saigo no Game is a bit of a puzzler lyrically.And is it an image song for something?Why that CGI video?

You can see both here:

ETERNAL FLAME PV

Saigo no Game PV
Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:30
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Do As Infinity - ETERNAL FLAME(Their reunion album?So why am I still missing them? (review update)
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Album art

Here's the album-->Do the 1STALBUMOFTHEIRREUNION!!!!!

Well I've tackled the first 8 tracks:

1. ETERNAL FLAME
2. 最後のGAME - Saigo no Game/End's game
3. Pefect World
4. 名もなき革命 - Namonaki Kakumei/Nameless Revolution
5. ナイター - Nighter(night game)
6. Feelin?The Light
7. メラメラ - Mera Mera/Burning
8. Piece Of Your Heart
9. 北風 - Kitakaze/Northern Wind(? not sure)
10. his hometown
11. 焔 - Honoo
12. 生まれゆくものたちへ - Umareyuku Mono Tachi e(A-side from the "Infinity 1" single)

Having heard ETERNAL FLAME,End game/Saigo no Game and Meramera I'm excluding the from the review for the most part.But I must first mentioned that 3 out of 8 are what I'd say are the highs of the album so far....and the third one simply because it reminds me of "Good for You" off their album TRUTH SONG.Ryo didn't get much play time on through much of the 1st eight tracks.No doubt he's playing guitar but is he playin'! it?Not as effectively as I favored him for i the past.Even at track nine(it's finishing up as I type this),it sounds like he simply play the presented/prepare notations(and the guitar is the key element of the arrangement in 北風.)Track 9 and on(not including 12 and only because it was on a single) is starting sound a little more of their tone though,and "his hometown" sound like something from Gates of Heaven(which is a GREAT thing,Ryo is alive in this song!).Honoo kept the flow going Ryo vibratos for the win.Honoo comes of as a very safe song from the 1st hook on.This form is something I've seen done within Tomiko Van solo album...until I got about 3:00(of 5:05) into the song.I'm probably just in denial of a guilty pleasure there.I'd say it's one of the best of the album.

So because I'm tired and skittish(as you should be able to tell by my typing o_o)I'll sum this up with some 1-5 rankings on each song.

1. ETERNAL FLAME - 4/5(Sue me)

2. 最後のGAME - 5/5(guiltiest of guilty pleasures,sounds like they recorded this one back in 2005 with NEED YOUR LOVE)

3. Pefect World - 2/5(Maybe it was just bad placement for the mastering.AWESOME into ballad is hard to pull off.)

4. 名もなき革命 - 2/5(see Kagaku no Yoru and Field of Dreams as reference for why this song falls short)

5. ナイター - 3/5(it's something very likely of Ban-chan's solo career,respectable/enjoyable(amazing hooks) but gets bland eventually(when the verses come back in))

6. Feelin?The Light - 2/5(SUPER SAFE SONG.Boring but executed well)

7. メラメラ - 1/5(I didn't like this song on the single so naturally and me along with quite a few others were pissed that this got in and not Timeless.This song is just terrible.ESPECIALLY BECAUSE Timeless EXISTS!!)

8. Piece Of Your Heart - 3/5(It's something I'll come to like in time.)

9. 北風 - 4/5(I can see this being a pretty big concert hit,Fukai Mori will be so jealous XD)

10. his hometown 3/5(It isn't consistent enough,their are GREAT portions but it's hard to enjoy the song all the way through.)

11. - 3/5(It's nothing special arrangement wise but Tomiko delivers,especially on the hook.Plus,3:00 on,the song picks up....mainly because it's just the hook after that nice little instrumental.)

12. 生まれゆくものたちへ - 2/5(Pretty solid ballad.I really like the arrangement,except for the vocal settings.This is something I wish they wish the do less of.The song is absolutely solid until 2 verses before the hook and down.It's a boring chorus for me.I enjoyed-although he was very subtle-Ryo on this song.He does stand out much but I can't help but notice.But bad hook aside..the climax was meh too.Until Ban stopped singing.Hmm..this one just got knocked down from a 3 to a 2.)
Posted on: 2009/9/30 23:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic