Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Mika Nakashima finally has found the confidence to do less ballads :D ("CANDY GIRL" single review)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Mika Nakashima finally has found the confidence to do less ballads :D ("CANDY GIRL" single review)
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
CANDY GIRL,Mika's 29th single was released today September 30,2009.First impression still resides as "Wow...that was a Mika song?",cabaret and pop rock collide.

Regular Edition

Limited Edition

The B-side "SMILEY" was more to my liking for some reason.With the girlish B-side theme seem to being set since "conFusiOn" on the SAKURA~Hanagasumi~ single.This one how ever is very hard to describe.Here is the complete single with both covers,you can judge "SMILEY" for yourself.

I love sharing but if you like it BUY IT!I won't say this too often cause I'm often as guilty as you are;But please people,give me some feedback.I want to hear what you think about the new direction Mika's taking with her styling and what you think could be done to improve it or simply what do you think would be interesting for her to do next.Chao for nao.My next single review might not be til the ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION Dec.12th release.I'll keep you posted on whatever Ruthymoon doesn't get to first in the meanwhile :p .
Posted on: 2009/9/30 18:30
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Mika Nakashima finally has found the confidence to do less ballads :D ("CANDY GIRL" single review)
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
wow....

her look completly changed....
Posted on: 2009/10/2 9:44
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Mika Nakashima finally has found the confidence to do less ballads :D ("CANDY GIRL" single review)
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Eh...she has done similar before.Like in the CM that conFusiON was used for.
Posted on: 2009/10/2 20:01
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I personally like the ballads better.
Posted on: 2009/10/2 23:06
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
I personally like the ballads better.

I won't say that just yet.I happen to think LIFE,Over Load,Glamorous Sky & Eyes for the Moon were really good.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 6:15
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Note that I said "personally". Its just my opinion.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 9:59
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
I really like overload

Posted on: 2009/10/3 14:07
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Note that I said "personally". Its just my opinion.

Ummm...I said that because I can completely understand how you feel that way,but I don't want to make that agree with you just yet because she could easily pump out more works similar to the ones I stated to change my opinion....
Posted on: 2009/10/3 20:38
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
this image reminds me of lady gaga...but i loved her older stuff like resistance and orion. her voice is so distinctive!
Posted on: 2009/10/3 23:20
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

koko0830 wrote:
this image reminds me of lady gaga...but i loved her older stuff like resistance and orion. her voice is so distinctive!

XD ORION was only last year!But that Resistance EP was pretty good.I like True the most out her albums.Music would be Second and Voice maybe tied with that.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 7:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic