123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
The Setlist
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
So since we have no clue as to what Hikki will be singing for the tour, I'd say it's time for us to list what we really want to listen to.

So yeah, what songs are you wanting to see the most? Personally, the 3 EXODUS songs she sang for UU06 might be the ones I want the most, since they were so amazing in that. It would also be great to see her finally sing Sanctuary and Simple and Clean.

I know Come Back to Me and Dirty Desire are definitely gonna be sung, but it's really exciting thinking about what else she may sing....any ideas?
Posted on: 2009/12/2 22:21
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: The Setlist
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I would love to hear her sing many of her Japanese songs.
But I doubt it since it will be more focused on her career as "Utada".
Definitely, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
Posted on: 2009/12/2 22:39
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
Yeah, FYI is definitely a must. Heck, even if she just sang all of TiTO I would be happy, because most, if not all the songs I would love to see her sing live....

BUT, some of the EXODUS stuff HAS to be sung, lol. As for Japanese stuff, it would be awesome if she sang Take 5, BLUE, SAKURA Drops....aack, so many others. Why does she have to have so many good songs? lol
Posted on: 2009/12/2 22:42
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
She does have a lot of good songs.
But for me, as long as I get to see her sing live, I'm the happiest person in the world
Posted on: 2009/12/2 23:20
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
Exactly. Even if she sang my least favorite songs from her it would still be THE best concert ever!
Posted on: 2009/12/2 23:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Top ten in order of priority and (perceived) likelihood:

1. Me Muero
2. On and On
3. Simple and Clean
4. Kremlin Dusk
5. Takin' My Money Back
6. Devil Inside
7. Hotel Lobby
8. Poppin'
9. The Workout
10. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence- FYI

Ultimately, I think she'll sing most if not all of TITO and throw a few of the popular Exodus songs in there. I don't really imagine she'll sing but one or two Japanese songs at the most. I'd love to hear more of her obscure songs, though, like "Animato" (a personal favorite) or "About Me", but the chances those will be sung are pretty close to nil. Then again, who knows. The set list may change from time to time.

I'm not really that excited to hear "Dirty Desire" live. It's such a record kind of song- the effects, the synthesizing, the distortion. Whereas "Poppin'" and "On and On" are both danceable tracks that I can imagine seeing her perform on-stage, "Dirty Desire" would seem out of place outside of the studio. That's just my opinion, though. ^^

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/12/3 2:09
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 ◊ F ◊ NYC ^ᴥ^
If she plays Kremlin Dusk at all, I'll die a happy fan

Hell, she could sing anything, and I'd be happy, regardless

Although, I hope she doesn't sing Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro,
I will bawl like a baby, and it will not be pretty.

??[Facebook]
Posted on: 2009/12/3 3:26
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/f/oslo
Quote:

Taboo wrote:

Although, I hope she doesn't sing Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro,
I will bawl like a baby, and it will not be pretty.

oh wow, i would be bawling too, but i'd be so happy is she sang dareka no! the same if she did first love (which i really think she should since since it was her first and biggest single)

i'd like to hear hotel lobby, wonder 'bout, FIY and this one the most from her english albums, as well as sanctuary and simple&clean.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 4:55
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
well i think shes gonna focus on her english songs since she is known there as utada and not utada hikaru.

but wouldn't it be great for her to sing a couple of her japanese songs on the tour just for the hell of it? i mean the bulk of her material is japanese and most of her american fans also know her through her japanese stuff.

to shukrid..FYI would be the song to end the show - i totally agree!
Posted on: 2009/12/3 5:06
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Well since the tour is supporting TITO she will probably sing some or all of the tracks and some of her older songs.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 5:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>