Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Miiko
      Miiko
Memoirs of a Geisha
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S
Has anybody read the book or heard about the movie that's coming out in December? I read it last year and was really suprised that there was actually a good story on Japanese culture by an American.There was a lot of controversy going on about having the main leads to be Chinese and having a whole mix of Asians in the movie. But since it has my lovely Gong Li, I don't care. Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh are all in it. With the exception of Yeoh, the others did a really great job for their first 'real' all english-dialogue movie. I never was fond of Zhang Ziyi. She's pretty but all her roles appear the same to me so I'll decide whether I like her or not in the future. But Gong Li! ^^ Her english is so good and she is so cool! She's my most favorite actress!
Posted on: 2005/10/20 15:43
Re: Memoirs of a Geisha
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I read the book a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it!! And I always wanted it to be turned into a movie. I was sorta upset that it was mostly Chinese actors but I soon got over that and realized that everything can't be perfectly like the book. I can't wait for it to come out and I personally think that Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh will be the best performances in the movie.
Posted on: 2005/10/20 16:52
Administrator
A/S/L
yeah i heard they were doing the movie from a friend who auditioned for it ...
...she didnt get it...

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2005/10/20 19:49
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
How come no one is using my movie thread. LOL ahh well yeah I just saw the trailer about it today when I went to the movies. I want to watch it. It loooks pretty cool.
Posted on: 2005/10/21 21:22
  •  Passion
      Passion
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
THIS MOVIE...SO...COOL LOOKING....GASP *dies*
Posted on: 2005/11/24 20:30
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan