Shopping!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Shopping!
guest_Unregistered
Where do you guys like to shop for clothes?

I'm getting my tax refund soon and after I give my sister her cut (bleh), I'm going shopping for new clothes.

Buckle is the only place i can buy jeans. I'm short and just a teensy bit chubby and that's the only place that carries anything that fits me.

I -really- want a couple of awesome cocktail / party dresses too and some new shoes.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 9:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Shopping!
guest_Unregistered
When I go shopping, it's usually Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, American Apparel, Wet Seal or H&M. Sometimes Macy's. Though American Apparel often overpriced, they offer nice "basics" that matches with any outfit.

Most stores do offer extended sizes. If you don't see them in stores, its most likely online.

Pink Ice is a nice online store for younger women. Though they don't offer extended sizes. Torrid is kinda like its plus size equivalent.

As for party/cocktail dresses...JCPenny? They have some cute, cheap dresses and do offer bigger sizes, but a lot of them "feel" cheap. Check out Macy's as well.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 13:54
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
you shop at the most Preppy stores lol
Posted on: 2010/2/2 14:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

UtadaHikaru124 wrote:
you shop at the most Preppy stores lol

Most girls shop at "preppy" stores then.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 14:15
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I looove this site: http://www.yesstyle.com

I have only bought from it once though. If I had money for clothes I would buy more, but I have other priorities ^^ It hasn't happened just once that I made a cart with awesum clothes but in the end never bought it... It's great!

The shipping is quite slow, you must be prepared to wait for about a month since they are shipping from Hong Kong but getting clothes from China, Korea and Japan. Probably more countries too but these are the biggest.

It is the same that have yesasia.com by the way.

Apart from that I buy my basic clothes from H&M, since it's cheap and mostly crappy quality you don't cry your eyes out if you ruin them.

Aaand a bunch of other Swedish stuff.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 15:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
O.O!!!!! I'm NOT Plus-Sized! OMG! I just meant that I'm a little bit chubby for my height! Lol I'm only 5'0" and I weigh like 135. I should be around 115 - 120

I'm like a dress size 6 or 8 (depending on brand/store/department)

Buckle is like one of the only stores that sells jean brands that size their jeans by inches (like 27, 28, 29) instead of a size. And they offer shorter lengths. I'm only 5'0", but I'm like a size 29/30 waist and 31 length. I can't buy jeans at Target or anywhere else 'cuz their jeans just don't fit me right. They're always too long and too baggy in the leg if they fit at the hips.

We don't have an American Apparel here. And it's been soooo long since I've -really- gone shopping and I'm really really picky about what I buy. lol Maybe I'll splurge on something at Off Fifth (the Saks Fifth Ave Outlet Store) hehe
Posted on: 2010/2/2 15:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

abunai wrote:
O.O!!!!! I'm NOT Plus-Sized! OMG! I just meant that I'm a little bit chubby for my height! Lol I'm only 5'0" and I weigh like 135. I should be around 115 - 120

I'm like a dress size 6 or 8 (depending on brand/store/department)

Buckle is like one of the only stores that sells jean brands that size their jeans by inches (like 27, 28, 29) instead of a size. And they offer shorter lengths. I'm only 5'0", but I'm like a size 29/30 waist and 31 length. I can't buy jeans at Target or anywhere else 'cuz their jeans just don't fit me right. They're always too long and too baggy in the leg if they fit at the hips.

We don't have an American Apparel here. And it's been soooo long since I've -really- gone shopping and I'm really really picky about what I buy. lol Maybe I'll splurge on something at Off Fifth (the Saks Fifth Ave Outlet Store) hehe

Whoa, then...i'm sorry? xD I apologize for my mistake. For those are reading this topic and wear plus-size clothing, check out my first post.

Anywho, i'm 5'6" and mostly a size 2 or 4 (also depending on the brand/store/department) so finding a pair of pants isn't really a problem. I know Charlotte Russe has jeans for those who are petite. Most stores should have clothes for petite women. If not, then its online.

Yesstyle has really cute clothes too.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:15
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lol yeah, I'm far from being Plus Sized (sorry. I could never let myself get that big). And I like to stay in the Junior's Department. The stuff in Petite/Women's sections of Department Stores tend to look kinda frumpy to me.

I've looked through Yesstyle.. It gives me a headache after about 5 minutes 'cuz they have so much stuff. While they have a lot of things that are cute, I haven't had good experiences with ordering clothes from Japan. The shirts I got a few years ago were waaaay off in how they fit, even though I went by their measurement guides.

I do like this Pink Ice store so far though! ^_^

Oh, and www.amiclubwear.com

I reallllly like a lot of their dresses.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic