HIkaru Utada : The Complete JQ Interview

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
HIkaru Utada : The Complete JQ Interview
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Its old article, i don't know if anyone already post it, please tell me and give me the link

http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/utada.pdf
Posted on: 2010/2/14 19:46
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: HIkaru Utada : The Complete JQ Interview
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Never seen it before, thanks for sharing!

Its an old interview though, about a year ago before TITO came out. Very interesting... & funny.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 0:54
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I'm not sure if it was from here or from some other website but I've seen this before.

It's a great reading though, didn't hesitate to read it again. thanks for sharing :)

One thing I hate about it though is the comments about Kingdom hearts 3. How they turned down Disney because they "don't pay"... I mean... It's not like they are in a huge need of money. Damn it, Hikki is in the top on Japanese entertainers making most money (think that only a couple of comedians makes more money than her). So why not stick to the game because it's important for the fans and a nice thing to have the same artist for all games... but nooo, they don't pay enough. keh. still gets my angry. xP
Posted on: 2010/2/15 15:21
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I'm not sure if it was from here or from some other website but I've seen this before.

It's a great reading though, didn't hesitate to read it again. thanks for sharing :)

One thing I hate about it though is the comments about Kingdom hearts 3. How they turned down Disney because they "don't pay"... I mean... It's not like they are in a huge need of money. Damn it, Hikki is in the top on Japanese entertainers making most money (think that only a couple of comedians makes more money than her). So why not stick to the game because it's important for the fans and a nice thing to have the same artist for all games... but nooo, they don't pay enough. keh. still gets my angry. xP

on the part of kingdom hearts 3.. hmmm never really thought about it that way.. but I mean they arent gonna pay to use an artist work thats just wrong too.. But I do agree cuz in a way, the kh series have really helped promote her. She should have let them or make a new song for it. oh well still love her lol
Posted on: 2010/2/15 16:13
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/M/Virginia
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:

Now Im not fully sure but I believe that statement about Disney was just a joke. It was a bit of sarcasm I guess you would call it. So don't be mad at Hikki! =)
Posted on: 2010/2/15 16:15
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I took it as "they're not offering us enough" as opposed to "they're not paying us at all." In terms of US popularity, it would have been smart for her to stay on-board Kingdom Hearts, but... whatever, she can do what she wants XD
Posted on: 2010/2/15 16:19
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
That takes a while to read and I was skimming to that question mostly, but that was during the time when Birth by Sleep wasn't known to be a prequel, or at least people were referring it to be KH3. Doubtful that changes things, but there is a glimmer of hope that she'll do the song for KH 3(if it really will exist; the ending of 2 makes me think it could be finished chronologically) if disney decides to "pay" more.
If they offer her 110%(counting inflation) of what they payed her for KH2 I'd consider it if she was hurting. Since she's not, they need to offer 150%. If Utada's dad is asking more than this, then I would consider it a bit greedy, but who am I to know. Utada herself might just simply not want to do it. I wouldn't blame Utada for Disney being cheap. In a career you are always expected to get more money as time goes on even if a sequel isn't as successful(but of course KH3 would be up there even if it's worse than 2).
Posted on: 2010/2/15 17:16
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
13 pages! Wow! Took me quite awhile to read the whole thing but I have to say it's a brilliant interview. Very in depth and got to know more about her. It's interesting to read her responses to certain questions. The part about how gamers and nerds know her is pretty true but I think it can't be helped because she's not the typical celebrity who makes catchy but easily forgettable tunes and dresses as if cloth is scarce. No offense but most of the mainstream listeners love to see female celebrities doing sexy videos, stuff like that. It's mere entertainment to most people. It's really cool that she knows her sense of direction and I think we can actually deduce that she's not a very greedy person from this interview. For instance, she does not try to branch into other industries like movie or whatsoever. It's such a shame when talented artists try to branch into some other things and lose their focus on music which is their main talent.

Many KH fans have been complaining about how her songs are being recycled even for the new KH sequels or prequels. It's always S&C for a few times then followed by Sanctuary. Fans are getting tired of this. I wonder why the ones in charge aren't selecting another Utada song. She has so many songs! They can easily choose one. If I'm not wrong, Nomura's in charge? Just don't make her translate stuff, use the Japanese one if possible but then again her management or Utada herself might not be willing to let them use the song for the game. Who knows? Endless list of possibilities.
Posted on: 2010/2/17 6:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic