Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lucky
      Lucky
Utada & Canada...
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
hi I'm new here and have been a hikki fan since about... 5 years back? ha, nice to meet you all (:

anyway, I'm wondering why doesn't hikki try promoting in canada? we are much more open to new artists, and there is a large asian population here too... I see her albums in HMV all the time (And not just the 2 English ones, I recently picked up my physical copy of Heart Station)

I want to try mass request dirty desire on this one radio station, and I'm just wondering if any of her singles have even been released to canadian radio?

thanks

here's to more awesome music from hikki in the future
Posted on: 2010/2/17 17:59
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: Utada & Canada...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I know she knows she has fans in Canada (someone shouted it on one of her tour dates).
But I think it's more down to a Record Label thing. They usually choose where to promote things, and I think Utada just goes along with it. It's like, she did two tour dates here in the UK, yet, This Is the One hasn't even been released over here, hell it took a year for EXODUS to be releasedover here! (any Brit who wants the physical copy of This Is the One has to either buy it imported or look on eBay [it's not on the UK version of iTunes, either]). Europe is also very open to new artists, but you've gotta remember that they may as a whole be more welcome to something, but that doesn't they'll enjoy it. Some of my friends have heard her, but they wouldn't give a second look at buying one of her albums because people can be ignorant in that sense.
I dunno, maybe it's just me being naive and thinking that.
Posted on: 2010/2/18 16:55
Re: Utada & Canada...
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/F/Ottawa, ON
LOL That was me that shouted out to her that Canada loves her at the NYC show.... yes I flew there from Ontario to see her because there were no Canadian dates.

I think I remember her saying in an interview that she's never been to Canada. But that was a while ago so maybe she has been since? I don't know why she isn't promoted more here... but I'm not sure it's HER that has too much say in it.

But YEAH I have gotten a few of her albums here... Heart Station, Single Collection, This is the One, Deep River.

I barely ever listen to the radio BUT I did hear her once over the radio in a MacDonald's LOL and I pretty much had heart attack. My BF tells me they've been playing Dirty Desire a lot at a pool hall he plays at once in a while. .. *shrug* maybe she'll make a Canadian date on her next tour *crosses fingers*
Posted on: 2010/2/19 20:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic