Utada retiring next year?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada retiring next year?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
http://www.asiafinest.com/japanese/utada.htm

This is a really old article about her, and she said she wanted to retire as early as 28 (to become a Science Teacher)? She turned 27 this year, so next year will be when she hits 28. I doubt she would be a Science Teacher since she only went to Colombia College for 1 year, and hasn't majored an anything for all I know. Straight A student could mean a little possibility, but it's still pretty doubtful. Her future won't be the same because she divorced a long time ago, and recently broke up. Well, a lot has gone on after this, so I'm not sure what will happen next. She hasn't released any Japanese songs for a couple of years, and the English ones aren't my cup of tea for a lot of them (even though there are a few exceptions, and not just the Kingdom Hearts songs). The Non-Cubic U songs aren't as exciting as her Japanese songs.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:41
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Re: Utada retiring next year?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Yeah i just read that today to but you know she did that years ago i dont think shes going to stop singing after all she loves doing what she does.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 14:04
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
utada hikaru forever ^__^v <3
Posted on: 2010/3/15 14:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I doubt she will have kids, even though she said that she sees herself with kids in the future a little after a year that the divorce happened. I mean, when people get divorced, and they didn't have kids, one (or both) people in that marriage will wish to have kids in the future at some point. I guess it was that common feeling, but a lot of the time they don't have any kids. That would just bring her popularity down a lot lol, since that wouldn't be her true personality.

Yup, this article was very old when it was first written. The only 2 main albums she had during the time were First Love and Distance. This is before a lot of people in America started to know her. Like, before Simple and Clean existed, so less people would know about it then. She did meet George W. Bush in February 2002, but that was only because the leaders of her 2 nationalities were there. I don't remember hearing anything about it, but I know it was before the Iraq War began (sorry if I'm getting into politics here, since we do have different political views). Once Simple and Clean was released, she had a bigger fan base because more people outside of Japan (and Asia) started to know more about her. If people know about her a little, the only songs people would know are Simple and Clean and/or Sanctuary.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 15:30
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Well at the Boston concert she said she wants to go back to school if the whole music thing stopped working for her.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 17:30
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

yoursonnetmylove wrote:
Well at the Boston concert she said she wants to go back to school if the whole music thing stopped working for her.

Right on, I'm proud of her. At least she has a backup plan if it doesn't work. Least she is one of the smarter celebs out there. Someone will outshadow her eventually. Until then, stay gold Utada, stay gold. Just like Ponyboy from "The Outsiders".
Posted on: 2010/3/15 18:51
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
This thread kinda scared me before I clicked on it. I thought it's a recent announcement or something. *wipes of sweat* Okay, it's just an old article, I don't think that's gonna happen so soon so let's just relax people. With so many things happening and what she has experienced and gone through, most probably she will have different plans for the future. Oh yes, someone will definitely outshadow her. "Every era has its heroes", so yeah but that doesn't really matter since she has sufficient money already but I don't think so music stops working for her (considering how loyal her fans are and how they're willing to splurge on her merchandises, lol)
Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic