1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
First Breakthrough Asian Artist...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Or more like Artist's, I think it'll be the Wonder Girls. They went on tour with the Jonas Brothers which were sold out concerts. Many people who are opening acts become big (Lady Gaga was an opening act, now look at her). They've had great exposure such as The Wendy Williams Show and So You Think You Can Dance. Even their videos on youtube have over 2 million hits each. I don't know, but I have a feeling their cd will be in the top 30, maybe even top 25.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/17 20:02
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Re: First Breakthrough Asian Artist...
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
If it isn't Utada then I don't want to know becasue nobody else deserves to be the first breakthrough other from Utada in my book.
She was born in America, speaks the language fluently and writes all her own music unlike the One Hit Wonder Girls.
not to mention she has 100X better voice then all 4 combined and her songs are better then anything that those 4 girls team of producers and songwriters can ever dream up.
Posted on: 2010/4/19 12:58
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
*dies of laughter

No robotic Korean generic crap please. Association with Disney doesn't mean shit in terms of a long career. Puh lease.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/4/19 17:18
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
If it isn't Utada then I don't want to know becasue nobody else deserves to be the first breakthrough other from Utada in my book.
She was born in America, speaks the language fluently and writes all her own music unlike the One Hit Wonder Girls.
not to mention she has 100X better voice then all 4 combined and her songs are better then anything that those 4 girls team of producers and songwriters can ever dream up.

If you're going to insult the Wonder Girls, please make note that there are 5 members, FIVE. And, last time I checked, "Nobody" hit #79 on the billboard charts.
Posted on: 2010/4/19 18:18
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
*dies of laughter

No robotic Korean generic crap please. Association with Disney doesn't mean shit in terms of a long career. Puh lease.

Um, they'll have a long career regaurdless of being associated with Disney. Let's not forget their homebase is Korea. And about the disney thing, they were on tour with TJB, this for them was maximum exposure. They were exposed to millions+. Not only in America, but in Canada, too. Please come back with something stronger.
Posted on: 2010/4/19 18:23
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Kyu Sakamoto, Anggun, t.A.T.u., Rain, Michelle Branch, Aishwarya Rai, Shahrukh Khan, Yael Naim, Carmit Bachar, and others are the first ones and they are way long before Wonder Girls
Posted on: 2010/4/19 21:32
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

barried wrote:
Kyu Sakamoto, Anggun, t.A.T.u., Rain, Michelle Branch, Aishwarya Rai, Shahrukh Khan, Yael Naim, Carmit Bachar, and others are the first ones and they are way long before Wonder Girls

^Yeah people tend to forget that East Asia isn't ALL OF ASIA.

and Michelle Branch isn't asian...

"Michelle Jacquet DeSevren Branch was born on July 2, 1983, in Sedona, Arizona,to David and Peggy Branch.Her father is of Irish descent, and her mother is of Dutch Indonesian and French descent"

She might be of Eurasian decent but she was born here :/ I don't think it should count.

edit:Thank you for mentioning her!I just found out I got a new album to look forward too!I though she'd never go solo again since the upset around her pregnancy that later lead to the wreckers formation.
Posted on: 2010/4/20 2:32
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Yes Michelle Branch is Eurasian by ethnicity.

I still don't get what "Asian" really means in the title. Asian by ethnicity, Asian based, or Asian born artist? If the later one is used, then Utada will never be the "Asian Breaktrhough" in USA, because she was born in USA
Posted on: 2010/4/20 3:35
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

barried wrote:
Yes Michelle Branch is Eurasian by ethnicity.

I still don't get what "Asian" really means in the title. Asian by ethnicity, Asian based, or Asian born artist? If the later one is used, then Utada will never be the "Asian Breaktrhough" in USA, because she was born in USA

I apologize, when I used "Asian" in the title, I was referring to (far) East Asia, Japan, China, Korea...etc.
Posted on: 2010/4/20 12:12
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

barried wrote:

Um, Rain didn't break through, sorry. Just because he had a part in Speed Racer and the star in Ninja Assassin doesn't mean anything. Speed Racer wasn't a #1 movie, nor Ninja Assassin. Rain hasn't released an official english single either. Please do research next time.

BY THE WAY!!! I am not trying to down Rain with my comment, I am simply stating facts, so no hate replies please!
Posted on: 2010/4/20 12:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>