Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hikkis1in1million
      Hikkis1in1million
Hikki's Thoughts On Easy Breezy&YMMWTBAM
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/UK
So I Found Her Thought's And Stuff On J-Pop Stop When I Was Bored And Thought I Might Share ~
EASY BREEZY

"It's a pretty straight-forward love song, sort of. There's a story behind it. I think it's pretty straight-forward, but it's...say you hooked up with a guy and it's supposed to be a light hearted thing, but then the next day he's telling everyone, 'Oh. I GOT her. She was so easy!' and it's like...'Why are you telling everyone all this stuff? No! Stop! You're humiliating me!' When someone makes you look silly or stupid it's not easy to take, but the girl in the song is like, 'Hey, I'm going to get over you anyway. It was nothing for me, so it's going to be okay. I'm going to be cool.' I wanted it to be the first single because I thought it was a good way to introduce myself. It displays my humour, and it's almost 'too pop'." --Utada Hikaru

(On the 'She's got a new microphone' lyric) "Well, I did get a new microphone! Yeah! What were you thinking? It's true that I really did get a new microphone that day, as I was recording that part. I thought it was a funny thing to sing, and I noticed the metaphor." --Utada Hikaru

"It's a bit crazy, but it's really catchy and it's supposed to be very humourous. I'm not gonna sing it with a straight face...it's just a fun song" --Utada Hikaru

You Make Me Want To Be A Man
"You Make Me Want to Be a Man - To me it was pretty simple and straight-forward. I was trying to deal with my husband, and it was the first time I really came face to face with another human being, and the things that we couldn't understand about each other, or things we argued about, I felt like it was because (that) some of it was just like a sex issue. I felt like if I could be a man, I could understand him more, in some ways, so I wanted to understand him, and I thought, 'I wish I were a man!'" -- Utada Hikaru

(On the futuristic PV) "We wanted to play with the Japanese side of my existence. Japan is well know for these kinds of technological things, like Anime and the futuristic things, so I think that is what started off the whole thing." -- Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2010/5/17 11:32
Re: Hikki's Thoughts On Easy Breezy&YMMWTBAM
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Easy Breezy - Obsolete (she is not in a relationship)
You Make Me Want To be a Man - Obsolete (she is no longer married)
Posted on: 2010/5/17 15:50
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Re: Hikkis Thoughts On Easy Breezy&YMMWTBAM
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
wow thats pretty cool..Ive never seen this article before
Posted on: 2010/5/17 15:53
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Easy Breezy - Obsolete (she is not in a relationship)
You Make Me Want To be a Man - Obsolete (she is no longer married)

Obviously, you did not read the quotes thoroughly. "Easy Breezy" was written on a "let's say you were..." basis. It's not a personal experience. So, your "obsolete" claim is false.

Also, on YMMWTBAM...the fact that she performs it constantly shows that you claims of "obsolete", once again, are false. Not being in the original conditions of which a singer writes a song doesn't mean it's "obsolete." Many singers write about past issues but does that make those songs "obsolete", too?

Just because you don't like her English works doesn't mean you have to go around trying to prove your opinion right. Create a thread all about not liking Exodus and TITO and rant there.

On topic:
Thanks for sharing!
It's always interesting to see where Utada's inspiration for songs come from!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/17 16:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
We just need more good English songs, and I'm not talking about S&C and Sanctuary. I'm talking about those like Devil Inside and Kremlin Dusk. YMMWTBAM was only a really good song with the Junior Jack Remix. Daft Punk should be remixed with her songs, it would make it sound better.

Her thoughts on these songs were pretty old. It's old news basically if you have been keeping up with the past news. That microphone part of Easy Breezy was misinterpreted a lot. People should seriously stop taking it in a sexual direction. Easy Breezy could be obsolete in the way it isn't performed anymore, and wasn't really a good 1st impression on the US audience. YMMWTBAM was just kinda popular for some reason, but the title just seems kinda weird. Sure it talks about her life during her marriage, but the video is very freaky in over 9000 ways (I love DBZ, and so does Hikaru-San). I'm starting to wonder if Utada did smoke (not going to make a big deal out of this one, because a lot of great famous people did drugs). She said something about "don't light that cigarette", meaning her husband did smoke. In Me Muero, she said "smoking my days away". Sure you could say that her voice wouldn't be the same, but she could have not been an addict. I guess it could be taken the way of "Poppin'", and not "Come Back To Me", meaning it isn't true.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 19:20
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
We just need more good English songs, and I'm not talking about S&C and Sanctuary. I'm talking about those like Devil Inside and Kremlin Dusk. YMMWTBAM was only a really good song with the Junior Jack Remix. Daft Punk should be remixed with her songs, it would make it sound better.

Her thoughts on these songs were pretty old. It's old news basically if you have been keeping up with the past news. That microphone part of Easy Breezy was misinterpreted a lot. People should seriously stop taking it in a sexual direction. Easy Breezy could be obsolete in the way it isn't performed anymore, and wasn't really a good 1st impression on the US audience. YMMWTBAM was just kinda popular for some reason, but the title just seems kinda weird. Sure it talks about her life during her marriage, but the video is very freaky in over 9000 ways (I love DBZ, and so does Hikaru-San). I'm starting to wonder if Utada did smoke (not going to make a big deal out of this one, because a lot of great famous people did drugs). She said something about "don't light that cigarette", meaning her husband did smoke. In Me Muero, she said "smoking my days away". Sure you could say that her voice wouldn't be the same, but she could have not been an addict. I guess it could be taken the way of "Poppin'", and not "Come Back To Me", meaning it isn't true.

I think "don't light that cigarette" is a metaphor to "don't fuel the fire", ya know? That's just how I take it. It'd be different if she said "don't light that blunt" then there'd be something to talk about!

EDIT: And also, in "Me Muero" I think "smoking my days away" means "burning my days away", you know, how it's "wasted" in a way?

Easy Breezy has never been performed but there's plenty of her Japanese songs that haven't either. Easy Breezy was used for the release of the Nintendo DS.

YMMWTBAM's music video is okay. It's the reconstruction of her, turning her into a man in a way. YMMWTBAM is more popular without the remix. If any music video deserves the title of wierd, it belongs to Lady Gaga...and that's not in a good way.

And, yes, I've seen those quotes before. Long ago, actually. They're from the wikipedia pages of both songs.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 19:35
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
Y'all should watch this!

Hikki's thoughts on EXODUS Interview - MTV China

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzrDk7skzrk
Posted on: 2010/5/17 19:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
So she has been to China, and not just for the filming for Passion.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 20:55
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
So she has been to China, and not just for the filming for Passion.

No. In the interview she said she has never been to main land China.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:01
  •  Mr.GagaHikaru
      Mr.GagaHikaru
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17
In all honesty i love easy breezy, i was in my A level art exam about a month ago and had my headphones in and when easy breezy started playing on my ipod i didnt realise i was singing along...the teacher had to remove me and discuss teh "incident"...good times
Posted on: 2010/6/1 10:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic