Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Remixed & Karaoke Bar
  Passion/Sanctuary Full Over (Second Take)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  jtc42
      jtc42
Passion/Sanctuary Full Over (Second Take)
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
BASICALLY, we were asked to play as a guest act at a showcase at school and, being the Utada loving, Square obsessed bunch we are, decided to ambitiously cover Passion/Sanctuary.

Thought it was worth posting here to just get some feedback if anything, we're really proud of it, but then, we would be, it took AGES to get right, so I figured input from other people who may be interested would be brilliant.

Many thanks and I really hope you like it! :)

Click Here To Watch (YouTube)

(By the way, for the record, I'm the guitarist, not the vocalist :p)
Posted on: 2010/5/24 9:29
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Passion/Sanctuary Full Over (Second Take)
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
OMG Marvelous you guys performance and vocalist vocal were outstanding , its awesome (four thumbs) i need more thumbs here :P

Any Utada song you perform, please give the link and share to us here :D. Utada herself should watch this cover too.

Thank you so much

PS : Why no one comment to this outstanding performance
Posted on: 2010/5/25 22:20
Administrator
A/S/L
GREAT JOB!

Love the live band - totally reminds me of her In The Flesh concerts!
(haha and no backwards singing XD )

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/5/25 22:45
  •  jtc42
      jtc42
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
OMG Marvelous you guys performance and vocalist vocal were outstanding , its awesome (four thumbs) i need more thumbs here :P

Any Utada song you perform, please give the link and share to us here :D. Utada herself should watch this cover too.

Thank you so much

PS : Why no one comment to this outstanding performance

THANKS! I love it when someone gives feedback, we've barely had any (as you can see by the lack of views and comments) so if you fancy liking the video on YouTube or anything that might get more views we'd really appreciate it. Especially given that the first (not as good) cover we did has like 10x as many views

We will let you know, though there might not be many/any more for a while. I personally wanna find a way to cover Teiku 5 but that might be a BIT ambitious haha.

Anyway yeah thanks again!

Quote:

Q wrote:
GREAT JOB!

Love the live band - totally reminds me of her In The Flesh concerts!
(haha and no backwards singing XD )

Me and the lead singer went to the London gig and HAD to try and do it justice, hence us dressing the bassist in the hat and waistcoat I think it worked well :D (Though, there is no way that I will ever compete with her guitarist, he is EPIC!)

And yeah we HAD a plan for the backwards bits but it relied on using a laptop with the setup, and the sound crew got a bit shouty when we suggested it, so we just slapped echo on the voice instead haha.

Glad you liked it :)
Posted on: 2010/5/26 0:11
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:
I personally wanna find a way to cover Teiku 5 but that might be a BIT ambitious haha.
haha sudden death ending!

haha ya, doing a cover of a song for an audience that doesnt know the song, I think it was better without the backwards parts - it would make it too weird for them...

and yes, Rafael totally rocked the concerts!

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/5/26 0:56
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I'd love to see you guys perform Take 5 ( Teiku 5 ), hope your wish come true
Posted on: 2010/5/29 2:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic