12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  cantneverdidnothing
      cantneverdidnothing
Resuming This is The One, please?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18 / M / Indonesiaaaa...
This album should really live up to its title, because it really is a great pop album that could truly launch her international career.

So why not resume the promotion in the world over? I mean, the album's only been out for a little over a year, with little promotion. I don't think it's out outside of the US, East and Southeast Asia... so why not give other markets a chance?

My idea is, perhaps Utada could start from scratch in the UK/Europe market first. Revamp the album perhaps with altered tracklisting, new cover, etc. (although the album's already great the way it is) and... release "On and On" as the proper second single.

What do you think, people?
Posted on: 2010/7/19 21:59
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Resuming This is The One, please?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

cantneverdidnothing wrote:
This album should really live up to its title, because it really is a great pop album that could truly launch her international career.

So why not resume the promotion in the world over? I mean, the album's only been out for a little over a year, with little promotion. I don't think it's out outside of the US, East and Southeast Asia... so why not give other markets a chance?

My idea is, perhaps Utada could start from scratch in the UK/Europe market first. Revamp the album perhaps with altered tracklisting, new cover, etc. (although the album's already great the way it is) and... release "On and On" as the proper second single.

It's been almost a year and a half. This album was not a proper showcase of her talent it was previously poorly/un- promoted. This would cost money to fix. Would you spend money let on new cover art, remastering and promotional campaign funds on something that gained any notice for a yr and a half? Let alone isn't probably charting anymore in targeted audiences countries?

Why not just make money off new potential acts and past proven powerhouse? Hikaru can even understand this. It doesn't seem like she's that interested and giving it another go for the west. At least not right now. UK would cost a little more because you still have to readjust you marketing angle. It's simply not worth it. Especially for this album.
Posted on: 2010/7/20 4:53
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Well if her record label is willing to put in money for new promo and promote it in Europe that would be great. TITO imo showcased Utada's versatility as an artist. For me its one of her best albums.
Posted on: 2010/7/20 7:35
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Utada would benefit from the creativity and musical diversity that?s going begging in the UK and Europe as a whole, a unique combination gives the UK, especially London, Manchester and Edinburgh, a great musical dynamism, because Europe has become a magnet for creative artists and songwriters worldwide.....

I am sure the BBC would be a willing forum to show case Utada?s repertoire, both English and Japanese thus acting as a spring board to take advantage of a cultural heritage that positively encourages a vast range of artistic freedom and positivity promotes a multitude of musical styles..
Why Japanese pop matters....Utada should be right at the top of this list...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/mar/25/japanese-pop-women

Posted on: 2010/7/22 6:55
  •  cantneverdidnothing
      cantneverdidnothing
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18 / M / Indonesiaaaa...
Thanks so much for the feedbacks peeps, I appreciate it...

Well This is The One is just the album she needs to become an "international star", really. It's certainly a lot better than most mainstream albums out there, it is a proper showcase of her talent and music. Yes it could have done without the sexed-up lyrics of, say, "Dirty Desire" or "Popping", but as I said, it's great the way it is.
I mean... doesn't Utada want to be more internationally recognized? She has already done so much in Japan, I think it's almost an obligation for her to take her music outside the country (and not necessarily only to the US...! )

You think about it, since day one her music has gained recognition outside of Japan... or Asia and it has a lot of international appeal. I bet if First Love was re-recorded in English, she would have given the likes of Britney and Christina a serious run for their money.

I think This is The One is just jampacked with hit materials, she could just release all of the songs as singles, really...
And I don't think the fact that the album's been out for a little over a year will hurt. There are albums that take 2 to 3 years before gaining international success, it's happened times before. And I think Utada has only spoken of good things about the album, even calling it her "real English debut", so...

But hey this is just an idea. I too doubt this will happen, but never say never!
Posted on: 2010/7/25 4:29
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

I mean... doesn't Utada want to be more internationally recognized?

That's what I'm wondering. I have a feeling she doesen't want to become too big in the states then IDJ would want her to release albums year after year.. I'm just speculating.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 7:53
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
She doesn't really want to be overrated because she doesn't stick her face in the camera.

She really should make an English album that doesn't have anything personal/sexual if she wants real success. People won't view her as a wannabe, even though she really is amazing in Japan of course. I know some fans are going to lash out at me for this, but oh well.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 18:34
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
She really should make an English album that doesn't have anything personal/sexual if she wants real success. .

I didn't know Utada was making music for children.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 21:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
She doesn't really want to be overrated because she doesn't stick her face in the camera.

She really should make an English album that doesn't have anything personal/sexual if she wants real success. People won't view her as a wannabe, even though she really is amazing in Japan of course. I know some fans are going to lash out at me for this, but oh well.

Good music is about being personal. and it's kinda the opposite. Make emotionals crap that's based around a few repeating lines and some "good beats" and that's how you become famous. Heart doesn't play a role in it.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/7/25 22:08
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Utada?s desire for International fame, wealth, and success does not appear to be an ingredient or the driving force behind future dreams or aspirations, basically Utada?s personal growth, development and expression on an artistic level could be more about gaining legitimacy and recognition.... with an emphasis pointing firmly towards uniqueness and musical appreciation, over the difference between commercial and artistic success.

Ultimately Utada?s goal to be on a high level both artistically and emotionally is poignantly to shine but not outshine. Significantly Utada has consciously avoided the pit falls of looking for approval either as an artist or song writer thorough acts of dogged self adulation or promotion?

An anthology style showcase of ?Utada ...Japan?s foremost pop icon?.... focusing on Utada?s accomplishments and achievements, revealing Utada?s rise to stardom,etc, etc could well stir U3 to accept an invitation to present Hikki's life through her experience of music...
Posted on: 2010/7/26 6:41
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>