Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
song titles
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
Does anyone know why some of Hikki's songs are all captailzed? Like HEART STATION or THE WORKOUT for example? And does anyone know why some of her song titles are kana/kanji? For example Hikari why not just called the track Hikari on the tracklisting? Another example is with Sakura Drops? Sorry it was a weird 3am thought
Posted on: 2010/8/18 3:50
Re: song titles
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

hikki_is_my_homegirl wrote:
Does anyone know why some of Hikki's songs are all captailzed? Like HEART STATION or THE WORKOUT for example? And does anyone know why some of her song titles are kana/kanji? For example Hikari why not just called the track Hikari on the tracklisting? Another example is with Sakura Drops? Sorry it was a weird 3am thought

As far as I know, in Japan if a song title is foreign it is written all capitalized. That's what I've noticed.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/18 10:34
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

As far as I know, in Japan if a song title is foreign it is written all capitalized. That's what I've noticed.

Ehh thanks but that still doesn't make sense cause most of her song titles are english so would they all be foreign if that was the case?
Posted on: 2010/8/18 22:05
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Utada stated that titles were important in making a song. How it is read was something she felt was important. Her example was "Final Distance" She wanted to to be read, FINAL DISTANCE. It's just something she feels need to be priority.

As for you question about the kanji, if the songs title is Japanese, it will be written in hiragan/kanji. Or in Sakura Drops case, katakan, but most often the other two.

Also, for THE WORKOUT, all of Exodus' songs were capitolized.
(In America, it all depends on the the printing of an albums jacket. There are often times when all songs are upper case and then there are times when they're all lower case)

We'll never know the true meaning unless Utada speaks more about. I hope I was of some help! =]
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/8/18 23:56
  •  yodilit
      yodilit
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/M/Canada
it's just how the song titles are stylized.

An example is the 'DEEP RIVER' album.
It's all caps, simply because it was decided to be that way as opposed to just being 'Deep River'.
Same goes for 'traveling', 'time will tell' and 'FINAL DISTANCE'.

There's no real reason to it. It's something decided by Utada for stylistic purposes only. If there is reason, its likely different for each song.
It's simply how she wanted the titles to read.
Posted on: 2010/8/19 0:09
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Ehh thanks but that still doesn't make sense cause most of her song titles are english so would they all be foreign if that was the case?

^ Lol. It didn't made any sense at all I know. But atleast some of them explained. And I don't really know the reason behind it.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/19 0:52
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
Thank you all! It makes better sense
Posted on: 2010/8/19 3:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic