Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.
guest_Unregistered
Imagine hikki sing korean songs, and it's very obvious that K-Pop is now dominating over J-Pop all over Asia. K-Pop is the most in-demand genre in the Asian market, and there are also in fact Japanese artists who tried their luck on South Korea like Ahyoomee (now known as ICONIQ) from SM Entertainment, and many more. What do you think? ♪
Posted on: 2010/8/4 23:27
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
I also think she should try her luck in South Korea, but not singing in Korean. I mean, I like K-Pop, but the songs are all the same and generic, while J-Pop is much more interesting. So if Hikaru started promoting her future Japanese and English albums in South Korea it would be very nice.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 4:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Imagine hikki sing korean songs, and it's very obvious that K-Pop is now dominating over J-Pop all over Asia. K-Pop is the most in-demand genre in the Asian market, and there are also in fact Japanese artists who tried their luck on South Korea like Ahyoomee (now known as ICONIQ) from SM Entertainment, and many more. What do you think? ♪

I hear you bro gah here Philippines, so many people have being listening to K-pop and it frustrates me, And idea Hikki sing Korean... A BIG NO! for me, I like Hikki the way she is.... also the idea of marketing her songs to South Korea it might flare up a big fuzz to a huge dominating K-pop fans.

Lets wish that there would come a time again that J-pop is at is height, and I'll support Hikki all the way!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 5:49
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
NO.

NO.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 16:46
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
NO.

NO.

This is what the guy from that source said. We don't want her to look like an overrated piece of crap. She can't speak Korean anyways.

Thread Closed
Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:26
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
NO.

NO.

^^^This.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:35
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Youre right. I think she should start promoting her future releases in South Korea... Ever since Hikki has never went to that country.... And on the other hand, EMI Korea should promote Hikki then... After all, all of her albums have been released in South Korea.

I had read some comments here, almost all said NO. I sometimes agree with all of you, because Hikki, when she debuted in Korea, she might attain mediocre success again which happens everytime she enter a foreign market.

Clear? ^_^♪ Thanks for the answers!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 19:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
And Korean things are popular in my area too. We don't want Utada to become the next overrated thing.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 22:06
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
GIGAS doesn't like the idea...
Posted on: 2010/8/5 23:54
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Hmmm that's not a good idea, even in Japan Hikki struggle to stay exist with the whole newbies singer.

And base on what i saw in Korean Music Market, i think Hikki will got trouble . Hikki were not young anymore, just look at BoA she also struggling in Korea to stay exist with this all new female or male group invading S Korea , while in Korea mostly what i saw, they like young female or male group which is more attractive, able to dance, and etc.

Very hard to make her success in S Korea. Sad but its true
Posted on: 2010/8/6 2:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>