Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
PHILIPPINE HIKKI FANS and Hikki's albums in the Philippines
guest_Unregistered
Have gone to several record stores here in Metro Manila and have found only First Love, Distance, and Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol.1., but I cannot find copies of DEEP RIVER and EXODUS anymore in the market. I asked also if they will release THIS IS THE ONE but why does MCA Music would not release that yet? It's been a year and 3 moths since the album's physical release but still no TITO in the Philippines. Since then, they released Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and other artists from UMG but why still not Hikki? Hmmmm.....

Note: Justin Bieber and Utada Hikaru are from Island Records. So as Mariah Carey and Tokio Hotel to name a few.

Posted on: 2010/8/19 19:07
Re: PHILIPPINE HIKKI FANS and Hikki's albums in the Philippines
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Have gone to several record stores here in Metro Manila and have found only First Love, Distance, and Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol.1., but I cannot find copies of DEEP RIVER and EXODUS anymore in the market. I asked also if they will release THIS IS THE ONE but why does MCA Music would not release that yet? It's been a year and 3 moths since the album's physical release but still no TITO in the Philippines. Since then, they released Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and other artists from UMG but why still not Hikki? Hmmmm.....

Note: Justin Bieber and Utada Hikaru are from Island Records. So as Mariah Carey and Tokio Hotel to name a few.

Please don't put those 2 names in the same sentence.

Utada isn't famous enough in the US. IDK why with the Deep River though. First Love and Distance are classics along with Deep River. It puzzles me how they would have the Single Collection though.
Posted on: 2010/8/19 20:40
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
first love, distance, deep river and exodus plus the singles collection was available before in manila. i dont know if ultra blue and heart station was sold there.

try oddyssey or SM malls or tower records, maybe they have a hikaru album or two that just got buried in their stockroom or something.
Posted on: 2010/8/19 20:41
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
^ They only have those 3 available here. There were no promotions of Utada from Deep River - onwards, Utada was known by a few Filipinos up until the Distance era. Tho, I know they released EXODUS before. I have no clue if it exists somewhere here.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/19 22:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:

Please don't put those 2 names in the same sentence.

Utada isn't famous enough in the US. IDK why with the Deep River though. First Love and Distance are classics along with Deep River. It puzzles me how they would have the Single Collection though.

I am talking about Hikki and her labelmates from Island Records, the reason why I include JB and the others.

They sold EXODUS and DEEP RIVER before along with FIRST LOVE and UHSCV1. Now, I cannot find a copy anymore. Then DISTANCE was re-released. I asked every employee of several record stores and said that it's not available anymore.
Posted on: 2010/8/20 1:29
  •  Kumabear
      Kumabear
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Manila , Philippines
I saw a couple of those albums . Way back years ago . Try Japanese surplus stores here in manila , or maybe record stores .
Posted on: 2010/8/21 10:58
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Kumabear wrote:
I saw a couple of those albums . Way back years ago . Try Japanese surplus stores here in manila , or maybe record stores .

Try Japanimation near Circle C it is near SM North Edsa (if you live in Manila btw).

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/22 8:45
  •  khernitz007
      khernitz007
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
..I got mine from a Jap Surplus Store waaay back ages ago, and also from ordering online like cdjapan.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 3:14
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
It's due to the Japan wave here in the Philippines was not successfully marketed by the TV networks such as GMA7 and ABS-CBN. They promoted Japan as Anime ONLY.

This imagery did not clicked to most audiences, since only the youth, who do not have their own income, patronize Anime. They did not promote J-Drama and J-Pop along with the Anime. I remembered that there were Anime's wherein they tagalized the song of the Anime OP/ED Theme, so that it would please the public.

It's really unlikely in comparison to Korea, since they continually promoted K-Pop music on MTV and on air. Korean wave was easily acknowledged due to the fact that Filipinos are drama series lovers.

But if you analyze the K-Pop music that they play here, it seems that only the party music that really clicks. I haven't heard any K-Pop Ballads from Younha and such artists. I haven't even heard any K-Rock music on the radio or watched this genre on MTV/MYX and etc.

Btw, does Japanimation sell AUTHENTIC CD'S & DVD'S? How much do they cost? Thanks!

** I was able to buy First Love, Distance and Single's Collect Vol 1 here in astroplus & oddyssey. I was able to buy Deep River from my friend who was able to buy it in 2000.**
Posted on: 2010/9/14 18:56
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
HEY PHILIPPINE HIKKINATICS! Make sure to buy UHSCV2 here in the Philippines! Let's show how supportive we are to Hikki! BTW, anyone to reform the Utada Hikaru Philippines (fan club)?

Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>