Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
First Love (English Version)?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Okay, I'm sure there's a thread about this already, but I really don't wanna dig up an old thread.
Anyway, Jessa Zaragossa sung an English version of First Love, a very loose translation at that, from what I gather anyway.
Anyway, one thing just really really annoys me about it, and that's the line "You will always gonna be the one"... The line sticks out like a sore thumb for me, and I enjoy the song I guess, but that line just really annoys me because it just doesn't make any sense...
Also, I think Jessa doesn't have the same emotion singing this song that Utada had. I know Utada isn't perfect, but she pours her heart into her songs, and Jessa's version just doesn't totally cut it with me.
Was it because EMI / Utada didn't want there to be a complete translation of the song or something?
Also, does anyone know what album this song is possibly from?
And what are your personal opinions on the song? I think it would've been better had Utada herself sung it, but I know she said she'd never do that because she feels her Japanese songs are "complete" and don't need to be translated and sung.
Posted on: 2010/9/6 12:25
  •  Kumabear
      Kumabear
Re: First Love (English Version)?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Manila , Philippines
I think Utada's songs should be kept the way it is .
(Including the translated kingdom hearts ost) . Yeah i agree that it's the outpour of emotion that gives life to songs . There's no sense in singing a song if you don't apply emotions .
Posted on: 2010/9/7 3:41
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
She or her management just found a poem with that lyrics then tried to squeeze every word into the melody of the song.

FYI, not only Jessa Zaragosa massacred First Love. There 2 other Filipino artist who massacred the lyrics of First Love and another composer who tweaked the melody of First Love and claimed it as HIS ORIGINAL COMPOSITION.

Judge for yourselves, search in Youtube the following:

Toni Gonzaga - We Belong
Dice & K9 - Itsumo
Repablikan - First Love Rap
Posted on: 2010/9/7 9:35
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

airac wrote:
She or her management just found a poem with that lyrics then tried to squeeze every word into the melody of the song.

FYI, not only Jessa Zaragosa massacred First Love. There 2 other Filipino artist who massacred the lyrics of First Love and another composer who tweaked the melody of First Love and claimed it as HIS ORIGINAL COMPOSITION.

Toni Gonzaga - We Belong
Dice & K9 - Itsumo

Can i see the link or article where they claimed it was their composition. Thanks

About First Love by Jessa Zaragosa actually i heard about her just never try to listen the song :P lame me . And now after listen to the song...... well beside horrible translation its her voice at some part it ruin the emotion of the song.
Posted on: 2010/9/7 23:17
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

airac wrote:

Toni Gonzaga - We Belong
Dice & K9 - Itsumo

Can i see the link or article where they claimed it was their composition. Thanks

About First Love by Jessa Zaragosa actually i heard about her just never try to listen the song :P lame me . And now after listen to the song...... well beside horrible translation its her voice at some part it ruin the emotion of the song.

I have heard of people who turned First Love into their "own" song, passing it off as their own.
And I was the same, SwallowTail, I didn't listen to it at first, but then saw it on YouTube and listened to it. It's a truly awful translation. And airac, I've seen those songs and they're all just awful! I hate how some people just steal the work of others and pass it off as their own!
Posted on: 2010/9/9 5:06
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Yup that's true! I think it has already been a habit here in the philippines X|

I even encountered a site wherein the "composer" for Toni Gonzaga's We Belong claimed that IT IS OK TO DO SO...COPYING THE MELODY WITHOUT CITING UTADA AS THE ORIGINAL COMPOSER.

Here's the link:
http://rimart.net/2007/02/14/we-belong-toni-gonzaga/
Posted on: 2010/9/9 23:56
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I just realized that it was written in Filipino...so this is the English translation:

This is Christian Martinez, sorry, because I really got the A BIT of the melody of "We Belong" from Utada, yet I also have done a lot of "great" songs like
"pamela", "totoy bibbo", "don romantico", "simpleng tao (gloc 9)", "kung akin ang mundo (eric santos, abc cbn ....

<I think you're not interested anyway to see the list of what he has composed...so I will no longer list it down>

I still have lots of compositions to mention, yet I couldn't recall all of them. What I ONLY WANT is TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY. Thanks
Posted on: 2010/9/10 0:05
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 37/M/USA
Wow...... Just..... Wow.

I thought I was listening to Hikki at the first till the chorus came in.

I couldn't listen to the rest of it.
Posted on: 2010/9/10 1:15
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

airac wrote:
Yup that's true! I think it has already been a habit here in the philippines X|

I even encountered a site wherein the "composer" for Toni Gonzaga's We Belong claimed that IT IS OK TO DO SO...COPYING THE MELODY WITHOUT CITING UTADA AS THE ORIGINAL COMPOSER.

Here's the link:
http://rimart.net/2007/02/14/we-belong-toni-gonzaga/

That guy plagiarized other songs before. He can't call himself a "real composer". He doesn't even know anything about copyright.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/10 12:58
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
what other songs did this person massacred and plagiarized? Tnx!
Posted on: 2010/9/11 7:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic