Utada's "Show Me Love (Not A Dream) " Theme Song for "Ashita No Joe" Movie

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada's "Show Me Love (Not A Dream) " Theme Song for "Ashita No Joe" Movie
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
From U. Blog on Nov. 16th, 2010~According to the mobile version of EMI Japan?s website, Utada?s ?Show Me Love (Not A Dream)? will be used as the theme song to the upcoming Yamashita Tomohisa (NEWS) film, ?Ashita no Joe.? The movie is based off of a popular boxing manga, and is set to be released on February 11th, 2011. According to EMI Japan, Recochoku Chaku-Uta and Chaku-Uta full downloads will begin in a few hours, at 5AM Japan time on the 17th. Other Chaku-Uta and PC downloads will begin on the 24th of November, the release date of Utada?s ?Single Collection Vol. 2.?~

This is so cool especially since she hasn't had a tie-in with any movies since 2007's "Beautiful World" w/ the new Rebuild of Evangelion Tetralogy and before that only "Be My Last" in the Spring Snow adaptation! I haven't read it completely yet, but "Ashita No Joe" is definitely one of the pioneer classics of the Manga phenomenon, and one of the best ever in terms of plot, art, and Post-World War 2 cultural significance in Japan. It'll be fascinating to see how well this affects SCV2's sales in the short-term and overall, as well as how well Yamashita "Yamapi" Tomohisa (who has a curiously emphatic similarity to the protagonist Joe) and the rest of movie crew adapt it to the big screen! I have faith since he's a much more skilled actor than musician IMHO ...

Utada's never been one to skimp on last-minute suprises, Chaku-Uta Ringtone and Full Downloads begin in afew hours @ 5 a.m. on the 17th in Japan with all other Recochoku and PC-related downloads to begin the 24th when SCV2 hits the shelves...Keep in your prayers and hopes the possibility of a PV for it since this is the fan favorite from this release!
Posted on: 2010/11/16 10:16
  •  cube
      cube
Re: Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
I read this on U.Blog; so awesome! The movie tie-in is great news, too. Like you said, she hasn't had a movie tie in since Evangelion and before that it was only Be My Last and Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro for CASSHERN. I can hardly wait for SCV2!! All three of her movie theme songs have had an epic sound to them, so I can't wait to hear what Show Me Love (Not A Dream) will sound like...
Posted on: 2010/11/16 10:51
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
^OMG, I completely forgot about "When Someone's Wish Come True" and CASSHERN, meaning that this is her FOURTH overall tie-in to a movie and the aforementioned being her only one for an actual original screenplay in the technical sense.

Yeah, but I'm still epically excited for this because I like "Show Me Love" leaps and bounds more than those other three songs, @ least in terms of its music (ironic, in that I said the same thing pretty much when I heard all of Be My Last,BML,and WSWCT in contrast to her other ballads)...I even made this my ringtone by uploading the 30-sec. preview on a website and its awesome (my 2nd hikki ringtone ever besides Come Back To Me) . You guys should try that too if you get the chance...
Posted on: 2010/11/16 11:03
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
It'll be awesome if they did a tie-in PV with Tomorrow's Joe theme, more like to Kiss & Cry and the Beautiful World
era, that'll be completely rock-ish!!
Posted on: 2010/11/16 13:55
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Utadas "Show Me Love (Not A Dream) " Theme Song for "Ashita No Joe" Movie
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
this is great news for Hikki. I want to watch this movie just to hear "Show Me Love (Not a Dream)"

The trailer for "Ashita no Joe" has been out for awhile. Now that Hikki's song was announced as the theme song, it seems its on the news in Japan.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 13:59
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Perfect song for Action film
Posted on: 2010/11/16 17:25
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
Well that would mean we would get 3 and a half MVs this year

***Hymne ? l'amour ~愛のアンセム~ (Pepsi Nex CM at least we saw her for 30 sec singing the song on a set)
*Cant Wait Till Christmas
*Goodbye Happiness
**Show Me Love (Not A Dream) (Most Main songs for films has a tie in PV for it so im optimistic about that
)
Posted on: 2010/11/16 18:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I wonder where's the GERMAN MAGIC on the song. ^_^♪ Can't wait to hear the full song..
Posted on: 2010/11/16 19:06
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Great, it seems the amazing 45 second preview for Show Me Love has crashed Utada2.net.

Luckily I captured it on my media player before the site gave out....

I think it's amazing, honestly. I will go as far as to say that it is unlike anything Utada has ever done before. It sounds like something that Linkin Park would produce.

The closest sounding song to this would probably be Uso Mitai na I Love You or Drama in terms of her discography, and those two songs don't even come nearly as close.

Simply put, I think it's amazing.
Posted on: 2010/11/16 19:31
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
here's the BGM of the movie's official site:
http://u.115.com/file/t284f91997
it's HQ and 34 seconds long. sounds much better than the preview clip on Hikki's WEBSITE.
Posted on: 2010/11/16 21:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>