12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Utada featured in Disney on Ice!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I dunno if this has been done before, but i thought i'd share this.

My friend works in an events stadium and Disney On Ice is featured this week. There's a part where minnie mouse visits Japan and Sakura Drops is playing! Crazy awesome! Makes you wanna go now, huh..?
Posted on: 2010/11/11 0:14
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Re: Utada featured in Disney on Ice!!
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
I kinda wanna go just for that scene.. then leave.. lol

Posted on: 2010/11/11 15:07
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Haha yea i know, same here. But i heard it was pretty awesome.. A friend of mine (He's a 6' 2" 22 year old black dude that, at first glance, looks scary. Not racist, he could be any race, but he just looks sketchy sometimes which makes this even funnier.) said it was amazing and filthy as hell. So i guess it's something worth seeing, to some extent
Posted on: 2010/11/11 16:12
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I saw some of it on youtube. The performance IRRITATED me to no end! They did not use Hikki's original song. Instead, they used a cover with English lyrics over the chorus, and a random girl speaking Japenglish (her Japanese is butchered).

I would boo at that point. How could Disney white-wash such a magical song? -_-;;
Posted on: 2010/11/11 18:24
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Hah yea i just saw it just now. Weird.. My friend did say it was half and half, but i didn't know it'd be like this.

But at least it was an interesting effort? The original should have been used though, for real. That would have been the shizz.. I wonder if there's a way of telling the singer to improve or something.
Posted on: 2010/11/11 20:24
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I love the choreography and costumes to the video. That's about where it ends. The cover is an awful representation of Utada's classic.
I'm assuming they didn't use the original (and better) version due to licensing stuff (seeing as the karaoke track isn't the original version, either), or they didn't wanna use something too cultural.
And the singer's Japanese? What an awful, awful way she sung it. I know Japanese is a difficult language to learn and master properly, but at least get a Japanese person to sing it!
Posted on: 2010/11/11 22:14
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
The ones from youtube are from a long time ago, 8 months at least. I wonder if they got a better singer by now...
Posted on: 2010/11/12 0:17
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Any link i want to see it
Posted on: 2010/11/12 0:44
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
The ones from youtube are from a long time ago, 8 months at least. I wonder if they got a better singer by now...

I doubt they did, the entire show is pre-recorded, so there's almost no chance of a different version.

Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Any link i want to see it

Sakura - Studio Version
Sakura - Show Version
Posted on: 2010/11/12 10:15
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
O good god.. I think my ears are gunna bleed.. talk about butchering the song..

Posted on: 2010/11/12 20:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>