Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  [POLL] Will you purchase 'Utada The Best'?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
[POLL] Will you purchase 'Utada The Best'?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
She told us all that she does not support it, which can be interpreted as asking us not to buy it...but it is still technically an Utada CD! So will you buy it?

For international fans, assume it was being released in your country. Would you buy it then?
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:14
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
Re: [POLL] Will you purchase 'Utada The Best'?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
I won't.

I own both Exodus and This Is the One. There's no new content. There's no point except to try to support her further.

Utada asked us not to. I respect her a lot and if she feels that strongly against it, then I really don't see the point. She doesn't want to be supported from something she was against.

Meaning the album is entirely pointless. o_o; No new content, and she doesn't want the support from something she doesn't agree with. There's absolutely no reason to buy it except for maybe the pleasure of seeing both her new CDs hit the top of the charts. (Or if you like a complete collection.)
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:21
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
No! No! No!

I won't go against Hikki's will!
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:32
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I certainly will buy it. I am a hardcore CD collector, and my collection would not be complete without it!
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:36
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
Quote:

chasegran wrote:
I certainly will buy it. I am a hardcore CD collector, and my collection would not be complete without it!

There you go then. If you're a collector I can understand wanting to get it. I'm collecting the entire discography of another singer myself, and I find myself even purchasing the singles I don't like just to complete it. @_@

I love Utada, but for whatever reason I don't have the feeling of "Gotta get 'em all!" I just pick up the original albums. (And will get Single Collection II, since there's five new songs. x3 <3)

Though I can certainly understand the feeling. =)
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:41
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

EezyBreezy wrote:
Quote:

chasegran wrote:

There you go then. If you're a collector I can understand wanting to get it. I'm collecting the entire discography of another singer myself, and I find myself even purchasing the singles I don't like just to complete it. @_@

I love Utada, but for whatever reason I don't have the feeling of "Gotta get 'em all!" I just pick up the original albums. (And will get Single Collection II, since there's five new songs. x3 <3)

Though I can certainly understand the feeling. =)

I'm glad you understand it, a lot of people don't! :D

I think that maybe fans who are just recently becoming fans might also buy it to get the 'best' of Hikki's English music. So it definitely has a market, although it's a small one compared to Singles Collection V2.
Posted on: 2010/11/24 20:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
a big NO.
Posted on: 2010/11/25 2:48
  •  breutje
      breutje
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 60/M/The Netherlands
I have to confess I already bought it. Just about as it became available I could not help myself and press [Add To Cart] and pay for it. This was before she told us it was against her will. However, It will make a nice present for someone who doesn't know her....

It won't be delivered soon as the TNT delivery is on strike. Still waiting for UHSCV2 as well....
Posted on: 2010/11/25 5:04
  •  LilMissPocket-Size
      LilMissPocket-Size
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
umm...I most likely will, I really don't see the harm in it,anything to support Utada, besides she didn't say for us NOT to buy it she just said we didnt HAVE TO buy it if we already had her english stuff, no she wasnt behind the realeasing of the ablum, but its still an utada cd
Posted on: 2010/11/25 9:07
  •  Utada~Chan~Fan
      Utada~Chan~Fan
Re: [POLL] Will you purchase Utada The Best?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/UK
No!!! I am major collector of hers but I only want the stuff she has released properly, so I'll wait a couple of years and buy it cheap and second-hand in protest. Just so that I don't give Universal any money.

I LOVE YOU HIKKI!
Posted on: 2010/11/25 9:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic