Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
A Sum-Up of the J-WAVE interview...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
Utada Hikaru showed up as a guest on ?McDonald?s TOKIO HOT 100? (FM radio J-WAVE) recently, which was aired on November 21st. She talked about her going on hiatus, which she mentioned back in August, and said that she wanted to focus more on ?human activity?.

According to Utada, ?When you are active as an artist, it?s like you are protected by everybody around you. I did not even know the environment around myself. I want to go back to zero by stepping out from being an artist. To be as simple as possible, I didn?t want to be an old lady who can?t do anything without my manager when I get to my 50s. If I only do something I?m good at, I feel like I?m getting stupider, since I have nobody who scolds me, or instructs me. I want to work as a volunteer abroad, and deal with people. I also want to learn French.?

She also talked about when she would make her comeback, ?If I decide when to a comeback, it?s the same thing as waiting for my next activity. I think I will be able to come back when I can see myself clearly after getting rid of everything unnecessary.?

She revealed one of the challenges on ?human activity?, ?It is said that there are many things you notice about your parents after they pass away, but I really want to know more about my parents while they are alive. We tend to not have important conversation, because we are too close to each other. I also want to change that I only see my father on the business scene.?

Utada ended with the comment, ?It is very special to be ?normal?.?

Source:TokyoHive
Posted on: 2010/11/21 14:55
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: A Sum-Up of the J-WAVE interview...
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
hahah yeah I was gonna translate it but it seems tokyohive beat me to it.
Posted on: 2010/11/21 18:35
Administrator
A/S/L
hmm seemd like a longer interview than this :P

very interesting stuff!

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/11/21 18:49
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Q wrote:
hmm seemd like a longer interview than this :P

very interesting stuff!

yeah it was longer. Tokyo Hive just summed it up, pretty much about her upcoming break from her music career.
Posted on: 2010/11/21 19:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic