Is she "THERE' anymore?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Is she "THERE' anymore?
guest_Unregistered
Did you ever realize that Hikki's old music was more catchier than her new ones? I'm talking bout the albums First Love, Distance and Deep River. They have the most catchiest singles ever! I'm not saying she's bad. but that you can kinda tell the difference. So I have a question. Do you think that Hikki went on a hiatus (not only 2 become a "normal" person again) because she wanted 2 get new ideas and make the music that she use 2 make back then?
Posted on: 2011/9/16 13:55
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: Is she "THERE' anymore?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I think Utada has gone from strength to strength with each album she's done.
You've got to remember she was 15/16 when First Love came out, 17 with DISTANCE and 18 with DEEP RIVER. So as she's matured she's obviously sung and focused her style on different things that have inspired her.
And she's dabbled in R&B stuff recently too (as per First Love) and gotten back to her roots in some newer songs, but that's obviously not her focus or priority any more.
I doubt she's taken the hiatus to focus on music - she said that wasn't her intention, although she is continuing it, I doubt it's her main priority during this time.

I can't say I agree with you, I think Utada is still the same as she was, releasing decent and catchy songs, but then again, that's my opinion and if you feel differently, that's obviously yours.

But ultimately, no, I don't think her hiatus is to focus on music - she's confirmed her intentions during said hiatus already.
Posted on: 2011/9/16 14:15
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
Re: Is she "THERE anymore?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
My top 10 list of Hikki's songs is composed by songs from albums newer than the ones you mentioned.
So it's just a matter of opinion and taste.
Posted on: 2011/9/16 21:53
  •  Drakoni_Kun
      Drakoni_Kun
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Honestly, I think her recent hiatus is really weird, It's like she has just vanished from the music scene although I really think she probably was exhausted from just constantly recording.... It's all possible but I think in her most recent photos She looked really exhausted and like something was wrong but that was in 2010
Posted on: 2011/10/19 22:58
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: Is she "THERE
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Drakoni_Kun wrote:
Honestly, I think her recent hiatus is really weird, It's like she has just vanished from the music scene although I really think she probably was exhausted from just constantly recording.... It's all possible but I think in her most recent photos She looked really exhausted and like something was wrong but that was in 2010

I agree that she looked very exhausted. I think her hiatus may also have to do with some kind of illness too - 2009/2010 for her was plagued with illness.
And she has disappeared completely - but I commend her for focusing on other things. Sure, her music is great, but think about the things she'll be doing, as well as the things that will inspire her during this time. She said she'd dabble in music during her hiatus, so we could see true masterpieces that have had time to be refined for over 2-5 years.
Posted on: 2011/10/20 6:28
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
It's actually her more recent songs that I like most. Her musical style has changes, though. So, I guess it comes down to personal preference.
Posted on: 2011/10/23 20:55
  •  TheWhiteRoseTurk
      TheWhiteRoseTurk
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 15/ Female/ Texas
On many websites I know, Utada is listed as experimental and I have to agree with them. :D I think Hikki just needed a break...hopefully nothing too serious. :)
Posted on: 2011/10/26 11:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic