12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
Kingdom Hearts 3
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
Anyone think that Utada Hikaru will make a new song for Kingdom Hearts 3? I wonder if Disney or Square Enix have asked her? Even though they may not pay well, it would enhance her popularity again worldwide! That would be amazing!
Posted on: 2013/6/13 8:55
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/M/KY
Well, seeing as Utada just recently made the theme song for Evangelion 3.0 (is that correct? I'm not a fan of that anime, really), she stated that Evangelion holds a special place in her heart... I remember her saying something to the extent of, "I just HAD to make the theme song for it!"

I'm not sure if Utada has stated in the past that Kingdom Hearts holds that same special place in her heart, but I've never heard her talk about Kingdom Hearts very much, which worries me. I'm not sure if the creators of Kingdom Hearts had Utada on a contract for a specific amount of time with which they could use her to create music for them... or whether that contract expired by now (if it was a type of contract at all). If her contract with Disney DID expire, since Utada is on hiatus from regularly making new music, I doubt she will make new music for Kingdom Hearts 3. But I'm sure they will request--or have already requested--her to make a new theme song as both of the previous themes were mega-popular and greatly benefited them both.

Time will tell (pun intended), because the trailer they showed off for KH3 was one that they admitted was probably way too early to show the public. Hence, they recycled the Passion/Sanctuary theme in the meantime, which I'm sure is a placeholder for the new music (derp). It's Disney, so i'm like 95% sure they will have vocalized music... and it won't be the same without Utada. But... in the end, I'm sure they will make it a business decision and make the easiest choice that will gain them a quick buck. Who knows?

EDIT: Could have possibly been a contract with Square-Enix... but then again, I don't know how that sort of thing really works...
Posted on: 2013/6/13 9:32
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Oh! Utada said she never played any of Kingdom Hearts games, because she's not good with RPG-like kind of games (such Final Fantasy, and so on), that's the reason why you could easily tell she doesn't mention that game that much! Since she's not really interested in this game, one may wonder, indeed, if she is going to make the new theme song for the game, and sincerely, I hope so!! Do you realize I have known her first because of "Simple and Clean" (which is a situation many of her fan actually know)! One thing I'm sure of: it would definitely wouldn't be the same, a Kingdom Hearts game without Utada's sweet voice? I'm not sure I would get used to it, and I may even be less closer from Kingdom Hearts! What I mean is, despite the fact I deeply love that game, every time I think about it, I automatically think of Utada Hikaru! Which is normal, since I played every Kingdom Hearts that ever released until this present days (impatient for the 3rd) and each theme song of is game was made by Utada!
I'm not sure I'd be into hearing another voice, edged to my favorite game!
Posted on: 2013/6/13 10:03
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L F/Malaysia
you know,everyone will not happy if they use passion/sanctuary or hikari/simple and clean plantib remix again...oh there's a rumor I've heard that if hikki not sing a theme song for KH3,Demi Lovato will take her place...but they really hope that hikki will make a theme song for KH3,so do I...do you remember that hikki once tweeted that:-

"are people going to hate me because I never play kingdom hearts?"
something like that...

she tweeted it last year.. here's the link
https://twitter.com/utadahikaru/status/238996769743187968
Posted on: 2013/6/14 0:23
Hikki Fanatic
Thanks for the link! This is exactly what I was talking about!!! But I was to lazy to search for it, to be honest! In any case, wouldn't it be beautiful to hear a brand new song from Hikki, anyway! Yes... Do you remember when Kingdom Hearts 2 released! I was completely psyched with the new song, "Sanctuary"! Incredibly wanted to learn it by heart, the same way I felt when I first heart "Simple And Clean"!
If there could be another song like this, how glad I would be xD Demi Lovato?? Although I really love her, her singing and so on... I wouldn't think that be very appropriate, unless she'd change her style with something well, very different from what she usually does (right now, Demi is mostly into RnB and a music qualified as "mainstream sound", as Utada would say herself! As I heard from her last album). If so, who would do the Japanese version? What really created my worshiping for Utada is the fact that she's completely bilingual, and as a matter of fact, she embodies both of the cultures I used to adore, as a child! The American culture and the Japanese one! :)
I may do some research in order to find out about all that, and I manage to find something really interesting, I'll post it there! :)
Posted on: 2013/6/14 3:03
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2013/6/21 6:41
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L F/Malaysia
Look,I found this Facebook page...Get Utada Hikaru To Sing For Kingdom Hearts 3...here's the URL...

https://www.facebook.com/GetUtadaHikaruToSingSingleForKingdomHeartsIii

They REALLY, REALLY hope that she sing for KH3....but I think it will not help by like the page only...
Posted on: 2013/6/22 18:51
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
I wish with the passion of ten thousand burning suns that Hikaru won't sing for KH3 :)
Posted on: 2013/6/23 1:21
Hikki Fanatic
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:
I wish with the passion of ten thousand burning suns that Hikaru won't sing for KH3 :)

And... Why is that?
Posted on: 2013/6/23 11:33
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
It's nothing complex...but I just don't like Disney.
Posted on: 2013/6/30 22:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>