1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Appleandcinnamon
      Appleandcinnamon
Alone on Utadanet
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 34, Non-Binary, United States
Does anyone else feel alone on here? I mean, it's nice when you log in and there has been at least a bit of conversation in the forums, but otherwise, it feels quite dead in here, and that's sad.

It's not as if there's nothing to talk about. Hikki's coming out with singles all the time, and her new album is gonna be coming out in April.

I'm not meaning to complain. I just wanted to put it out there that I would like for us to come together as fans and keep this site alive. If we let it die, there's nothing else for us to connect on. The Crystal Utada site is gone, and I don't know of any others.

I just hope that someone, preferably more than one someone, sees this and replies. I want to see how many of us are left...
Posted on: 2018/1/20 23:02
  •  Momocatluv
      Momocatluv
Re: Alone on Utadanet
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L United States
Haha I do feel alone here😭
I really love Hikki and I made an account on here just to talk about her but there’s barely anyone:(
I’m guessing some people went dead after her hiatus and forgot about her and this website:/

Ikr?! Hikki’s coming up with a lot of new stuff and no one is here to talk about that. Also,where did you hear about her new album coming out in April?
I heard about the new album but I’m pretty sure they didn’t announce the month yet🤔

It’s so sad that Utada Net is officially dead. It’s been a year since the last time they updated the news section of the website.They didn’t even celebrate her birthday this year on here:/
I wonder if the webmaster/moderators of Utada Net is busy...
I understand if they’re busy but they should log in to check from time to time.

Also do you know what happened to Crystal Utada? Like what made them close the fan site?(I’ve never went on the website so I’m curious)
I heard that around 2000s,there were a lot of Hikki fansite,but right now there isn’t a single one besides here:(

Btw have you seen the pic where Hikki went to FKA Twigs Birthday Party event in her birthday? She looks pretty like her mom!:)
Posted on: 2018/1/21 2:29
  •  Appleandcinnamon
      Appleandcinnamon
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 34, Non-Binary, United States
I believe I heard mention of the release date from an @hikkistaff tweet on Twitter.

That's about the only place I've gotten updated news about Hikki is via either her Twitter, Instagram, or @hikkistaff. Her new website is updated fairly regularly also.

No, I didn't see that picture! I very much would like to! :)

She does look very much like her mother these days. I believe partly it's because she may have lost a good deal of weight when her mother died, due to grief. She also seems to have a strong exercise plan which is inferred by how fit she seems in her Forevermore video.

There are probably more factors at work there, but yes, she is still very beautiful, and I can't wait to listen to her New album!
Posted on: 2018/1/22 9:00
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Uhh...hello there relatively new guys. I am Giga. Nice to meet you.

For me, many things have changed since originally joining to my eventual departure. I guess one of the biggest factors as to why I left was her hiatus. I remember watching Wildlife concert and that was one of the happiest moments in the fandom, because it was being streamed live and a bunch of our members were watching it together from whatever part of the world. It was a very intimate moment as we were all connected and heart broken at the same time (going to the In the Flesh" tour in Las Vegas was another highlight for me).

After her departure from music I needed something to fill me and that's how I discovered Korean music. I found a new fandom, but eventually I became fed up with the Korean music scene and I left that as well.

Over the years I slowly but surely listened to Hikaru less and less. All of her discography sits on my PC, which is rarely used. All of the CD's/DVD's/Singles sit in my closet along with the movies I once collected. I still support her and keep buying her stuff, but the flame of excitement I once upon a time felt is no longer burning passionately.

I do ghost around the website a handful of times through the year, mainly to remember the past and see the almost non-existent activity. Everyone that was once here is busy with life. We're not in our teens and early 20's anymore, a lot of our members keep in contact with one another through FB and it's lovely seeing how they've grown or have started families of their own.

Our Administrator Q; has always been a busy person and I believe that to be the case even now. Q, if you're reading. I wish you the best.

I can't say I'm necessarily looking forward to the new album this time around; as I haven't really bothered looking for the details or anything of the sort, but it will eventually make it's way into my hands once it's out. Hopefully that'll reignite my flame.

It does make me extremely happy knowing there's newer members wishing for this place to thrive with activity once more. I would like the same thing to happen, to see people enjoying themselves in the first place that became my internet home forever ago.

To all of you; many thanks and take care. See you around!!!

BTW Momo, I followed you on Twitter
Posted on: 2018/1/22 16:59
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 27 /Male / Davis, California
It too makes me happy to see that some of you new folks on here are working to make this place thrive again. So much has changed over time, but I made a promise to myself that I'd try to be more active on here.

I'm also really looking forward to her new album and I cannot wait to see what music video(s) she releases. Keep in touch, everyone!

PS: There's a wonderful group on Facebook that I follow that is dedicated to Hikki, called: 宇多田ヒカル - Utada Hikaru JAPAN. It's actually quite active and has about 2.6k followers. Check it out if you guys have the chance!
Posted on: 2018/1/22 20:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Appleandcinnamon wrote:
No, I didn't see that picture! I very much would like to! :)

Latest picture of her attending a birthday party.

Source: https://twitter.com/lostwig/status/954526987325923328
Posted on: 2018/1/24 2:12
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Still here and still checking
Posted on: 2018/1/25 20:38
  •  Momocatluv
      Momocatluv
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L United States
@Giga Hello Giga nice to meet you and thank you for following my Twitter:)
Hope you enjoy what I post there haha
And yeah I understand, it is really hard to keep a fan site active while your busy in life.
Same thing happened to me also, I used to have a favorite singer when I was younger but it kinda died down as I grew older. Still listen to his songs from time to time though^^

@UtadaHikaru321 Although I don’t have a Facebook,I will check the fan site. Thanks for telling me!:)

Anyway,good to see people still checking on this site!
Posted on: 2018/1/25 21:42
  •  Momocatluv
      Momocatluv
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L United States
Quote:

Appleandcinnamon wrote:
I believe I heard mention of the release date from an @hikkistaff tweet on Twitter.

Hikki Staff did announce an new album on April 25th but it’s not Hikki haha
It’s an debut album by Obukuro Nariaki which Hikki is going to produce!
Posted on: 2018/1/25 22:15
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:
Uhh...hello there relatively new guys. I am Giga. Nice to meet you.

For me, many things have changed since originally joining to my eventual departure. I guess one of the biggest factors as to why I left was her hiatus. I remember watching Wildlife concert and that was one of the happiest moments in the fandom, because it was being streamed live and a bunch of our members were watching it together from whatever part of the world. It was a very intimate moment as we were all connected and heart broken at the same time (going to the In the Flesh" tour in Las Vegas was another highlight for me).

After her departure from music I needed something to fill me and that's how I discovered Korean music. I found a new fandom, but eventually I became fed up with the Korean music scene and I left that as well.

Over the years I slowly but surely listened to Hikaru less and less. All of her discography sits on my PC, which is rarely used. All of the CD's/DVD's/Singles sit in my closet along with the movies I once collected. I still support her and keep buying her stuff, but the flame of excitement I once upon a time felt is no longer burning passionately.

I do ghost around the website a handful of times through the year, mainly to remember the past and see the almost non-existent activity. Everyone that was once here is busy with life. We're not in our teens and early 20's anymore, a lot of our members keep in contact with one another through FB and it's lovely seeing how they've grown or have started families of their own.

Our Administrator Q; has always been a busy person and I believe that to be the case even now. Q, if you're reading. I wish you the best.

I can't say I'm necessarily looking forward to the new album this time around; as I haven't really bothered looking for the details or anything of the sort, but it will eventually make it's way into my hands once it's out. Hopefully that'll reignite my flame.

It does make me extremely happy knowing there's newer members wishing for this place to thrive with activity once more. I would like the same thing to happen, to see people enjoying themselves in the first place that became my internet home forever ago.

To all of you; many thanks and take care. See you around!!!

BTW Momo, I followed you on Twitter

well hello there fellow old member
Posted on: 2018/1/30 16:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>