1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  IcedFlame
      IcedFlame
Utada's strongest song?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/OH
Hello everyone, I've been lurking around these forums for the past few months and I figured it was a good time to finally join up and chat with you all :) So a big howdy to everyone! *waves to all*

So I was curious to see what everyone thinks is a song by Utada that really showcases her talent the most. Not a favorite song or the "best" song, but one that you can feel she put all of her heart into, and gave it her all. I'm not saying that she doesn't do that for all of her songs, but every artist has their songs that really make you say: "Wow!", you know?

When I first heard 'Be My Last' I got goosebumps all over. I really feel that she gave it her all, and she seems to really be putting her heart into the song when you listen to it.

Also, I think 'Kremlin Dusk' is an amazing song. You can tell she really pushed herself on this, and although some of the higher notes are a little sharp I think it is an absolutely beautiful song that shows off her great voice :)

What do you guys think?

Posted on: 2006/2/24 12:28
Re: Utada's strongest song?
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
First off, welcome to UN!

haha and great start...that's a good question...hmmm....

I can't narrow it down to one but I would say Final Distance, Deep River, and Be My Last. Haha I got goosebumps from these three songs because you can hear just so much emotion in her voice when she sings/performs them.
Posted on: 2006/2/24 12:32
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Yeah, I agree with you guys on "Be My Last." It was a really different sounding song from her too, and also since it had a minor key it just sounds like nothing she had done before.

I'd like to see something like Be My Last on this next album... (ooooh I can't wait for it!)
Posted on: 2006/2/24 14:21
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Haha yeah welcome. And I'm not really sure, but I do go with Be My Last. And let's see, Darekano Negai ga Kanau Koro, Distance, and Play Ball.
Posted on: 2006/2/24 17:38
  •  clgan
      clgan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Firstly, I would want to say welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here.....the strongest song...I would say it should be Final Distance, Dareka no negai ga kanau koro....
Posted on: 2006/2/25 7:38
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Hey IcedFlame. Welcome to the Utada Net forums. Well I haven't heard every song sung by Utada Hikaru. So far I'm still trying to collect most of her music. But with the ones I have heard, I think where she amazes me with her talent would probably be About Me and Final Distance. I think those songs bring her voice out. Well now thinking about it, Kremlin Dusk does that too.
Posted on: 2006/2/25 8:44
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
I've always been an advocate of Final Distance myself.
Posted on: 2006/2/25 12:16
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

tombraiderjmm wrote:
Haha yeah welcome. And I'm not really sure, but I do go with Be My Last. And let's see, Darekano Negai ga Kanau Koro, Distance, and Play Ball.

Oh man, I recently discovered a new love for Play Ball. I think its because I can keep up with singing it now, and I'm just so proud of myself! Its like I am some sort of genius. Also, I really like the lyrics. "Like a hunter who drops their weapon by their feet, I'm showing my heart" And then theres all that imagery about the festival. Man, what a good song. (http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/utada/playball.htm)

Quote:

IcedFlame wrote:
Also, I think 'Kremlin Dusk' is an amazing song. You can tell she really pushed herself on this, and although some of the higher notes are a little sharp I think it is an absolutely beautiful song that shows off her great voice :)

Ahahaha, I remember when I first listened to Kremlin Dusk I thought.. '"you-u-u-u-u?" Is that... yodeling?'

Oh, but I do like that song a lot. If only I could say that about all her English songs.
Posted on: 2006/2/27 21:32
  •  IcedFlame
      IcedFlame
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/OH
It is rather unfortunate that the rest of the Exodus album was ...lacking. I feel it was marketed completely wrong. Have you seen the video to Easy Breezy? Ugh. Plus, a lot of the songs just seem like the average pop fare over here (with really suggestive lyrics and slightly memorable tunes)

There are a few gems, though. Hotel Lobby, Devil Inside (and I hate to say this...) Easy Breezy are also amazing, I think.

Gah, I'm getting off track

Posted on: 2006/2/27 21:38
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

IcedFlame wrote:
It is rather unfortunate that the rest of the Exodus album was ...lacking. I feel it was marketed completely wrong. Have you seen the video to Easy Breezy? Ugh. Plus, a lot of the songs just seem like the average pop fare over here (with really suggestive lyrics and slightly memorable tunes)

There are a few gems, though. Hotel Lobby, Devil Inside (and I hate to say this...) Easy Breezy are also amazing, I think.

Yeah, but I think Exodus was trying to appeal to fans all over. Especially fans in the U.S. who enjoy alot of that hip hop/pop kind of music. I saw the video for Easy Breezy and it wasn't how I pictured it at all. I mean the song is catchy and I can sing it by heart, but the video didn't match my expectations. Two other songs off that album like You Make Me Want To Be A Man and Exodus 04 works with Hikaru's vocal cords too.
Posted on: 2006/2/28 6:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>