Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
"Simple & Clean" & "Kingdom Hearts"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
kingdom hearts is VERY popular in the UK - it went platinum - hence lots of people her "simple and clean" and find out who she is! if island reocrds had promoted utada properly then "exodus" would have been a huge success!
Posted on: 2006/4/3 9:06
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Re: "Simple & Clean" & "Kingdom Hearts"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
It makes sense, but I'm still not so sure.. after all, Simple and Clean was a fantastic song, and her English album wasn't targeted to the same mainstream audience (it was much more techno/synth) So even if it had been promoted, I don't know if it would have ever become all that super famous.
Posted on: 2006/4/3 16:07
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
"simple and clean" should have been on "exodus"....
Posted on: 2006/4/4 14:30
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Wow, I never actually thought about that. It seems weird to me to mix Simple and Clean with the music she made for Exodus. But if she had replaced "Tippy Toe" or "Let Me Give You My Love" with Simple and Clean, it would have been a better album... but the quality of the production is so different between them anyway, and she probably couldnt have done it legally, because she made S&C on another label.
Posted on: 2006/4/4 14:36
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I agree, Simple and Clean was a fantastic song. In fact, it was because of that song, I became a Utada fan. So I think it's one of her best songs she has ever sung. It's probably still my top favorite. It would be nice to have Simple and Clean on the Exodus album, but it definitely wouldn't match. The whole album seemed to have a theme to it. The songs on the album, from what I think, go well together. Simple and Clean would've stood out to much. Plus it was used in Kingdom Hearts and I think Utada wanted it to be seperated from the music on her Exodus album.
Posted on: 2006/4/4 15:25
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
i know but people would want to buy the album that way i think
Posted on: 2006/4/5 11:36
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Hmm, I think people who would have bought the album because they knew about Simple and Clean bought the album anyway, because they were under the impression the music on Exodus would be similar to Simple and Clean regardless of whether or not it was on the album. And the people who only wanted Simple and Clean would just download it. Man, I love Simple and Clean. It is such a good song. In fact, I am going to make a thread about it, just because it is so great! ::goes to make thread::
Posted on: 2006/4/5 12:17
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
aww lol simple and clean really does rock!
Posted on: 2006/4/6 9:09
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Yeah Simple and Clean has rocked and always will. But I don't think fans of Utada would buy Exodus more just because Simple and Clean is on there. It might get more attention to it, but I don't think it would mean that they would immediately purchase it. Most already would've downloaded it by that time. But it's all good because the majority loves that song.
Posted on: 2006/4/11 20:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic