Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  [NEWS - Release Date] EXODUS...Coming October 5th! .... And Sept. 8th in Japan~

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
[NEWS - Release Date] EXODUS...Coming October 5th! .... And Sept. 8th in Japan~
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Utada.com has been updated with this:

------------------------------------------------------------
UTADA: FRESH NEW SOUND FOR THE FALL
Exciting singer/songwriter releases US debut EXODUS on Island Records Oct. 5

July 6, 2004--21-year-old singer/songwriter Utada will offer a fresh new sound for music fans this Fall when her US debut album, EXODUS, is released Oct. 5 on Island. An enigmatic fusion of alternative, pop, dance and funk grooves, EXODUS features witty lyrics and well-crafted melodies. The first remix single on the album is "Devil Inside," an hypnotic dance track laced with electronic Asian-flavored beats that is sure to be a club favorite. Another winning track is the sunny pop melody "Easy Breezy," which will be the first radio single off the album.
Utada is also joined on her debut album by some outstanding special guests such as drummer Jon Theodore from Mars Volta, who delivers an infectious groove on "Kremlin Dusk," and master producer Timbaland who adds his funky touch to "Exodus '04," "Wonder 'Bout" and "Let Me Give You My Love." Here's what they had to say about recording with Utada:

"She's above the typical trappings of pop music because her voice is beautiful and she writes her own music. She has discerning taste that sort of transcends the genre. It's not really classifiable."
--Jon Theodore of Mars Volta
"We did some great work together-Exodus is such a fabulous song and Utada is the best!"
--Timbaland

--------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY A release date!!! Mark your calendars guys~ Utada's coming October 5th!!

And an added bonus.....NEW IMAGE!

Bwahaha I was too lazy so I just copy-pasted from the news~

So EXCITED

===
UPDATE:
Japanese Press Release

UPDATE2:
EXODUS from Tower Records Japan
Japanese version of the album has 14 tracks and includes special packaging with a slipcase and a special pamphlet
Posted on: 2004/7/6 21:10
Re: [Release Date] EXODUS...Coming October 5th! .... And Sept. 8th in Japan~
Administrator
A/S/L

BWHAAHA... WHOOOOOOO!

YEAH FINALLY!
...but Japan gets it first?
>_<

I guess all those rumors around the net have finally forced them to set everything straight ...

*looks at picture .. hmm looks like that red jacket from other pics, but looks someone photshopped a fractal pattern onto it...

hmmm... sept 8th is by bros bday... as well as some other ppl i know...

*notes to everyone - "Time to get our own promotion on the way"...

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/7/6 21:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic