Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Beautiful World depicts the story of...two gay men?!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Beautiful World depicts the story of...two gay men?!
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
eh?? 2 gay men?? aw. why?? sorry, I haven't read the translation of beautiful world yet.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/1/2 19:09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
didn't you know that i have been bored since one month ago. you're really slow on the uptake.

im doing this as a private project to improve my literature marks. i heard that secondary 2 literature involves interpreting texts
Posted on: 2007/12/17 22:02
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
yea

it is..
Posted on: 2007/12/17 13:46
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
this is really getting ridiculous

no wonder erith had so much free time typing lyrics on her blog
Posted on: 2007/12/17 10:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
Quote:

lumad wrote:
well said erith, your argument is really strong. still i'm having doubts about it. i wonder what Hikaru-san will say when she read this thread. she should explain this song or all of her song to her fans. coz some songs of her like Kremlin Dusk really needs her explanation coz they're so deep.

btw why is it called Kremlin Dusk again? i'm too lazy to think eheeh

thanks, i was never really good at interpreting the literature texts set by my school, and your comment gave me a pleasant surprise.

A kremlin is the citadel area of a Russian city. according to my history textbook a citadel is something like a safe place in the middle of a city. so this song probably talks of the things that happen during the citadel dusk (not sure if my usage of the word is correct).

i'm starting to suspect that kremlin dusk tells of story of two people. one tells the story of an entertainer and one of a teenager and the two stories are interweaved. i'll look into the lyrics again another day and give you an interprtation of the whole song
Posted on: 2007/12/17 2:38
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
yep and even poe's work are very deep especially his poems. so its pretty hard to have a concrete meaning in that song. only Hikaru-san can arrive a a definitive conclusion for Kremlin Dusk. but its good to know what others think about this song. we can always have a healthy discussion about this.

i got a copy of poe's stories and poems. and most of his works really amazes me. especially the story entitled 'the pit and the pendulum'.
Posted on: 2007/12/17 0:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
and one more, here's a small quote from one of the posters.

"It makes great use of Edgar Allan Poe's metaphors and such to express a somewhat different idea. Allusions to Edgar Allen Poe that really jump out are "Now I'm sober and nevermore/Will the Raven come to bother me at home." "The Raven" is basically about a man who was sitting, thinking about Lenore, a dead woman who he loved, when the raven taps on his door. When he gets up to open the door and no one is there, he mutters Lenore's name and it echoes (though I'm not sure if the Raven was shouting back Lenore, or if it was just an echo). Then, throughout the poem, the man talks to the raven, which was perched on the bust above his door, only to receive the same repetitive response, "Nevermore!" A less obvious allusion that I noticed was, "I am a natural entertainer,/Aren't we all holding pieces of dying ember?" And to quote "The Raven," "Each dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor." In "The Raven," the dying embers are presented as what once was, memories of his lost (dead) love, Lenore (which is the name Poe actually uses). I think the door and window might be an allusion, too, but that requires more thinking."

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858511326
Posted on: 2007/12/17 0:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
here's an interesting fan-fiction using the lyrics to "kremlin-dusk" and the characters from........i think .......Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

http://community.livejournal.com/vincentxtifa/12476.html
Posted on: 2007/12/17 0:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Many of the song's lyrics draw from literature, especially Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven. The first few stanzas even partially parallel the poem. if i run into more info i will share it.
Posted on: 2007/12/17 0:18
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
well said erith, your argument is really strong. still i'm having doubts about it. i wonder what Hikaru-san will say when she read this thread. she should explain this song or all of her song to her fans. coz some songs of her like Kremlin Dusk really needs her explanation coz they're so deep.

btw why is it called Kremlin Dusk again? i'm too lazy to think eheeh
Posted on: 2007/12/17 0:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>