A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i love be my last
Posted on: 2008/2/18 23:36
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: Personal lyrics
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Well, certainly First Love. I think that's subject matter we can agree is more or less a part of the human experience. We know Final Distance was written in honor of a friend of her's who passed away.

I'd think Be My Last hits a very personal note, as well. I think it may have to do with her divorce - I suppose you could say that about Flavour of Life, as well.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 17:11
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
well utada-chan work with other artist, and wrote 3 more songs, so 3 of those songs arent only written by her, in the exodus '04 album

Posted on: 2008/2/18 16:34
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
thx for the interview URL jigen ^^

that was some good stuff to know about her =)
Posted on: 2008/2/18 8:39
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
should be all

songwriters usually write their songs with life's inspirations

I normally would agree with you. But some of the songs she wrote... I don't think they would go with her personal life. Some of the songs she wrote as a married woman... I just can't believe they are real, or at least are from her personal experience. Oh course all I can do is speculate. But seeing as she was married very young, I doubt she had some of the experiences she wrote about. At least I doubt she experienced them firsthand. I can write a convincing song about a day in the life of a japanese man, because I know so much about japanese culture, but it doesn't mean, I've ever been a japanese man. So she can write about things she has never experienced. Now in the latest translated providedinterview
that .:hikki:. provided, she mentioned that once she stated "I've noticed that as I've gotten older, I've really become more open and honest about myself compared to me in the past. That's why I can write those types of feelings into the lyrics". To me this is saying she is write more from her personal experiences these days. Implying that she did not write from personal experience that much in the past...

So my reason for this thread to create dialog about and speculation about which songs hikki actually wrote from her personal experiences. But I guess no one has any guesses. I'll throw one out there, so hopefully others would follow. I think "about me" is a song about her personally. Lets please discuss what songs you think she wrote about her personal life. If you could be so kind, could you also give an explanation of why you think the song is from her personal experiences?

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/2/18 1:16
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Did Hikki write the lyrics to Exodus '04? I know it was mixed by Timbawhatever, right? I thought he had written the lyrics as well.

love timbaland
Posted on: 2008/2/18 0:24
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i think she wrote the whole song
Posted on: 2008/2/17 21:13
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Did Hikki write the lyrics to Exodus '04? I know it was mixed by Timbawhatever, right? I thought he had written the lyrics as well.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 18:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>