Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
yea...so so true...its not all bad...some sing about different things and the audience is generally different too...american hip hop/ r&b/ rap isnt all bad...there's still a couple of singers i admire for what they do...they sing clean of sinful words and still get the respect of all people around...

and wow~ your insight amazes me...

You really think so? Thank you. ^^ And yea, American hip hop or r & b isn't bad overall. But the material they put out these days under those genres... We just have to search deeper. It just saddens me to see such a beautiful thing used only as money-making tool.

most of them are to make money...but some do have that passion of making music..majority of singers do...but they just input the song into the industry in a weird way...whether its to compete with another singer's hit song or to be the top song in the music world....its taken the wrong way...thats just the way i feel about it at least

Ah...true. =D But I just don't feel the same passion from many mainstream American artists [whom I have listened to.] compared to artists or groups like Epik High or Utada Hikaru. It just feels...monotone and unvaried. It's hard to explain. I can't elaborate into words myself. ._.

thats true as well...its just that asian music seems to be more expressive in terms of what i can understand...its just natural for me to do so because seeing that im asian...im more comfortable to asian music...american peole would proabably disagree with me and say that american music is more comfortable and soothing to them because its natural for them..

gah...going off topic...some bad luck songs occur for me when im listening to it too much...i kinda get sick of it and everything goes downhill from there...its not a certain genre..but anything i hear too much of...something bad happens
Posted on: 2008/8/15 20:00
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song?
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
yea...so so true...its not all bad...some sing about different things and the audience is generally different too...american hip hop/ r&b/ rap isnt all bad...there's still a couple of singers i admire for what they do...they sing clean of sinful words and still get the respect of all people around...

You really think so? Thank you. ^^ And yea, American hip hop or r & b isn't bad overall. But the material they put out these days under those genres... We just have to search deeper. It just saddens me to see such a beautiful thing used only as money-making tool.

most of them are to make money...but some do have that passion of making music..majority of singers do...but they just input the song into the industry in a weird way...whether its to compete with another singer's hit song or to be the top song in the music world....its taken the wrong way...thats just the way i feel about it at least

Ah...true. =D But I just don't feel the same passion from many mainstream American artists [whom I have listened to.] compared to artists or groups like Epik High or Utada Hikaru. It just feels...monotone and unvaried. It's hard to explain. I can't elaborate into words myself. ._.
Posted on: 2008/8/15 19:48
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

Posted on: 2008/8/15 19:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

Posted on: 2008/8/15 19:24
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR

Posted on: 2008/8/15 19:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I understand. I'm not comfortable with American mainstream rap either. ^^; It just feels so...direct? xD

i dont like the concept of it...korean ties to love and emotion...the song portrays love...expressing the feeling the singer cant do in public so brought out through songs...american rap however...its concept is wrong i think...all about going to the club..saying im the best there is...all this arrogant stuff...too much...and all the slang words they use...im like...dude you actually understand that?

I don't like the concept of it either. It's all about sex and money. People don't really care either, I doubt they pay attention to the lyrics. If it has a catchy hook, that's what matters and they'll jump onto the bandwagon. Many would dance to anything these days. But music shouldn't be used to make millions or gain international fame. First and foremost, music should come from the heart and soul, embodying an abundance of emotions. It should be meant to trigger the listener, inspire. It expresses things that cannot be into words, it's 'what feelings sound like'. You can't really find that in mainstream music nowadays. And the majority the stuff the 'artist' releases isn't even their creation. They're just merely entertainers.

Then again, we're talking about lyrics in general, right? ^^; That's the main reason why I avoid many mainstream American artists. Period. The lyrics they sing or rap try to glamorize lust, drugs, violence, celebrity life, etc. And people still sing to it, without carefully examining what's between the lines. Though, hip-hop overall in the western world don't suck in general. There are still hidden gems, like a good amount of underground rappers. If you ever listen to Nujabes, many of his songs feature underground American rappers. And they're really good. =D

I been thinking...maybe some J-pop, K-pop, K-indies, J-indies, or whatever underground artists hailing from any part of the world don't have to be internationally renowned. Listening to them, living in this world where Fergie and Soulja Boy dominate the charts, kinda makes me feel 'unique'. Like a hidden treasure which many do not know, something like that. xD Though when people are curious about the music I listen to, I'll always be happily willing to share.

I'll stop rambling. ^^;
Posted on: 2008/8/14 21:04
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
american rap sucks

but not all of them tho
Posted on: 2008/8/9 1:00
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I understand. I'm not comfortable with American mainstream rap either. ^^; It just feels so...direct? xD

i dont like the concept of it...korean ties to love and emotion...the song portrays love...expressing the feeling the singer cant do in public so brought out through songs...american rap however...its concept is wrong i think...all about going to the club..saying im the best there is...all this arrogant stuff...too much...and all the slang words they use...im like...dude you actually understand that?
Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:54
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
any rap i listen to then my luck goes way~~~ down...i just cant take it...the hard beats and stuff...it kills me mentally..i dont know why

Even Epik High? xD

A bad luck song? That's something pretty unheard of, at least to me. o.O I think I don't have any 'bad luck songs' in particular.

oh im sorry..i mean all american rap...i cant stand those...i can take big bang and epik high though...because i can fully understand it..
Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>