Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  What do you hope for or hope to see on Utada's new album?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: What do you hope for or hope to see on Utada's new album?
guest_Unregistered
i would like more dance type hahaha
Posted on: 2008/8/21 10:52
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Have you guys heard the YMMW2BAM Bloodshy and Avant mix from the UK version of Exodus? It's Brilliant.

Exodus was the first Hikki album i bought and i love every minute of it! My faveourite is Hotel Lobby. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! The Fluximation enhances the song too, IMO.

I would like to see Sactuary on the new cd (of course), some more ballads, Maybe some of her covers (Boulevarde of Broken Dreams, Take on me Etc.) and just some more Hikki magic!

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2008/8/21 10:33
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/Female/Tallahassee, FL
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I dunno.. Am I the only one to really like exodus?

but I can agree that the sound is different, but I guess it has to be as she is singing about other stuff than in her Japanese songs...

I hope the CD will sell, she deserves to be known in the US as well. But I also hope that she's producing music she wants to, not music that are sounding like every other song on the radio.

Well.... You are not alone... hahaha... I like the album also.. I listened to all the songs, but actually prefered a few songs like devil inside, exodus '04, kremlin dusk, Easy Breezy, and About me... those are the songs that I listened to... a lot
sweet! start i club? well yeah, I think that the best songs from that CD is Animato, YMMWTBAM, Kremlin Dusk, Devil Inside and Exodus

I thought Exodus was really good too. I was addicted to Exodus 04, YMMWTBAM, Kremlin Dusk, and Hotel Lobby for the longest. Its still better than anything on the radio here in America.
Posted on: 2008/8/14 16:02
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i think is alright cuz hikki bearly sing in it... =/
Posted on: 2008/8/9 0:46
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

AngelHikari wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
No,no, don't get me wrong, I love the Exodus album and every song on it. I listen to it everyday but my theory is that if she would release an all english album through EMI Music Japan, it would be better, ex. --> Sanctuary & Simple and Clean were release through that label and were amazing both vocally and musically. SO i think it would be best, but Utada is still #1 despite the english cd! (Have you heard Blow My Whistle by Utada & Foxy Brown? That's an amazing duet!)

I completely agree with you there, but maybe she was trying to branch out to a popular US record label to get Exodus 'out-there', but yea it would be even better if she stuck with EMI japan for the next one...

Btw Blow my whistle is really awesome!!!

Have u heard Utada Hikaru feat Kiley Dean and Timbaland [By Your Side] Official Athens 2004
Posted on: 2008/8/8 22:17
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
No,no, don't get me wrong, I love the Exodus album and every song on it. I listen to it everyday but my theory is that if she would release an all english album through EMI Music Japan, it would be better, ex. --> Sanctuary & Simple and Clean were release through that label and were amazing both vocally and musically. SO i think it would be best, but Utada is still #1 despite the english cd! (Have you heard Blow My Whistle by Utada & Foxy Brown? That's an amazing duet!)

I completely agree with you there, but maybe she was trying to branch out to a popular US record label to get Exodus 'out-there', but yea it would be even better if she stuck with EMI japan for the next one...

Btw Blow my whistle is really awesome!!!
Posted on: 2008/8/7 1:41
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
YES IT IS!!

i love that song!
Posted on: 2008/7/30 17:44
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2008/7/30 14:01
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Re: What do you hope for or hope to see on Utadas new album?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
The same reason why I love her in the first place. Hope to feel the same way about this album as I do with her past albums. My favorite album is Distance.
Posted on: 2008/7/29 12:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Well the genre of Exodus was "experimental'. Hikki was experimenting with all the different sounds and stuff, and I've never heard an album with songs that are so widespread, I mean Devil Inside was 'dance'...Exodus 04 sounded r&b-ish to me and easy breazy straight out pop...

I think apart from experimenting with different music genres, she was just trying to introduce herself to the US and a different side of Hikki-music to the rest of us fans globally...

Alot of lyrics were really deep in comparison to her cute, witty japanese lyrics, Animato and Kremlin dusk were like dark and deep...but again the lyrics are about her, introducing herself in her english album to an audience who doesn't know her.

In the next English album she'll be more experienced with english songs and the music...I hope she won't conform to all those genres of (excuse me)-crap on mtv(I hate Hip Hop) and just stay true to her own unique style...afterall...isn't that why we loooooooooooove her music???

BTW I stand by what I said in previous similar forums...despite the different record label, I hope she considers putting Sanctuary on the album...

(Sorry I write too much... )
Posted on: 2008/7/29 12:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>