Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: if we were meant to have total peace
guest_Unregistered
I agree with everyone else. I get so bored when there's no drama in my life. However... I DO wish that someone would take out the military government in Burma already and post up Aung San Suu Kyi as president (like she should be). I mean, jeeze, just because the "Myanmar" military hasn't launched an attack on the world doesn't mean they should be ignored.

Sorry. I'm on a rant. As much as I've learned about my refugee kids, their case worker told me that one girl lived in the woods with her family and had no food for days, hiding out from the military and that the middle-school kids know how to take apart AK-47s and put them back together again and that they've had to kill people in self-defense.
Posted on: 2009/1/15 17:18
  •  black_tokyo_rose
      black_tokyo_rose
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
it's good to find a personal kind of peace, but i agree with what someone said in an earlier post... we'd all kinda go crazy without some kind of conflict. we need it, so that we have a reason to keep going :D

now exaggerating the conflicts, that's a different story XD
Posted on: 2009/1/13 2:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I always imagine going to the temple or shrine whatever--there I could have total peace of concentration with my mind. :D
Posted on: 2009/1/5 23:23
  •  Cecildragoon
      Cecildragoon
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20-Male-Texas
i think we would all go insane without conflict, if you have ever seen the film Equilibrium(with Christian Bale) a rendition of George Orwells 1984 you realize that there is no natural way to obtain peace, and that even with all the hate and murder and violence in the world, we still produce such wonderful things...Paintings, music like Utada's or Beethoven's Fur Elise.

a scene in the film that made me happy was when Christian Bale stops taking the drugs that keep them from feeling emotions, and he rips down the tinting on his window to reveal a beautiful rainbow outside, he sees it and bursts into tears of joy.

so peace is wonderful but without hate it would not be peace...it would just simply be, if that makes any sense
Posted on: 2008/12/29 0:32
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
when there is yin there has to be a yang, so i pic no
Posted on: 2008/12/28 21:03
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
From the very beginning we were lived in balance. God created Adam and Eve and also Satan who make them eat the forbidden fruits and God knows that will happen coz human always curious and greedy and then they send them down to the earth.

In Hindu religion there are Three main gods
Brahma ~ the Creator
Shiva ~ the Destroyer
Vishnu ~ the Keeper
they need each other to make balance

or Yin and Yang
total peace only will happen when our soul leave this body
Posted on: 2008/12/25 19:24
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
That was the basic premise behind the league of nations formed after WWI. Obviously, it was an abysmal failure. I mean, there are a lot of reasons why, but one of them was that you're assuming war doesn't suit anyone, and it does. There are always parties, factions, and even nations that have everything to gain from war.

Just imagine you're in a country and someone invades you - say the international community backs the person who invaded your country, or say the international community represents a bunch of cowards and is an enormous, corrupt, joke(which is pretty much the case) - what now? You have to go to war.
Posted on: 2008/12/25 12:19
Administrator
A/S/L
-basic human wants = people want to be happy in their lives
-everyone just wants to be happy
-everyone has the right to have the chance to be happy
-cant have happiness if war is in the way
-war is bad, devastating, destroys lives
-everyone can agree on that
-everyone can agree that the world would be a better place if there were no wars.
-Then everyone can just simply agree not to have war.

People will still fight, there will still be crime. But all can agree there will be no wars, no meaningless deaths from masses of people killing each other.
Posted on: 2008/12/25 4:01
  •  catseye528
      catseye528
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30/Only if you want to/A mountain somewhere in Arizona
Quote:
At one point where i live Saskatchewan now the flattest place in the world haha. Had mountains higher then the Himalayas.

Ya... a massive glacier will do that...

Seriously though... it would take quite a bit to unite the world behind a common goal. Check out the anime "Stellvia".

It would probably take a world wide disaster or a massive alien invasion to unite the world.

Humans just aren't mature enough as a species to forgo our prejudices.

What do you mean by there are mountains in Arizona?
Posted on: 2008/9/4 19:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

hikaruluver1 wrote:
as long as theres light there will always be darkness, if there was no darkness, light would be just nothingness to put it easier terms without conflict, life would be dull and boring

But either way the earth is not a static system. We are not meant to have peace only balance. At one point where i live saskatchewan now the flatest place in the world haha. Had mountains higher then the himalayas. And as for good and bad being balance well i don't beleive either exist. It apears to me who every way wins in the end is portayed as good and the defeated one bad.
Posted on: 2008/9/4 18:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>