12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Te wo Tsunaide-Younha
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
OH MY GOD!

I almost cried watching this video

Younha - I've never been to me (Cover)

aghh!! I'm longing to see her more now! arrrrghh!!

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/7 4:00
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
whoa..she's korean??? didnt catch that...lol...had no idea...

is she the one who was featured in like all the epik high songs??? they mainly used her for majority of the songs they used a girl for but couldnt really recruit her to their group because of her solo stuff she does...

i may have heard her before...but im going to check her out again...for good measure...i know macky would recommend her for me right???

[edit]: yea i just heard her and she's good...really good...really love her voice...very strong tone...and you can tell she's korean...(i still didnt know...bash me for it, i know..i'll take it) i missed a great singer til now...just too bad that i didnt listen to her sooner...i stared at macky's avatars and her siggy's regarding younha...but~ i found out now...so its all good for me...

Songs of Younha that I would recommend ne? Uhmm, that's too many to mention. lol. but, try to check these:

Password 486(My most favorite Korean song of hers )
At First Sight
Hyesung (Korean version of Houki Boshi)
Bitsori (The sound of Rain)
Love Condition (I love this! for real! though I don't understand Korean )
Rainbow (LIVE Studio)
Rainbow (Audio File Only)
Telepathy I really got hooked with this song and a catchy MV too.
Audition (Time to Rock)

and try to check my previous recommendations on the previous one.

[edit] Here's a Korean version of Te wo Tsunaide Younha - Soneul Jabgoseo (Te Wo Tsunaide Korean version), but, I didn't liked it it sounded weird for me. lol. Her 1st Korean album, "Perfect day to confess my love" and 2nd "Someday" has good tracks. But I liked the tracks of "Someday" though.

try to listen to Paparazzi by Ajoo, Younha is a feat. artist. Also, Memory and Umbrella.

And.. I'm a late bloomer of her Japanese song "My Lover" lol.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 22:39
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yea thats who it was...props for that tai

but i thought her japanese works were good still...ive only heard like one of her korean songs...but i cant say that her korean ones are better just yet...i went and did a younha japanese marathon and im temporarily hooked...but i guess i havent heard enough korean ones yet...

can you name a korean song that YOU know i will like macky? songs where when it first starts youre hooked because of the intro...i thought te wo tsunaide was one of them...but korean please?~
Posted on: 2009/2/5 18:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Wow Kon-Kon, i'm quite surprised. Well, Epik High use different female vocalists whether they feature one. I think your referring to Jisun, formerly of Loveholic. She was used in three of their songs while Younha was only used in "Umbrella". But I think she performed "Love, Love, Love" with them live. Anyways, back to Younha. Yea, her Japanese songs weren't that impressive. Yet I have listened to very little of her Korean songs besides Password 486 [a pretty typical song, but awesome vocals.], Memory [which I loved.], and Telepathy [don't remember it much though, but I have listened to it.] I'll probably listen to Macky's Korean recommendations and then pick up her latest Korean album if I ever let go of Jeff Buckley.

I been itching to say this, but your signature is gorgeous Macky.
Posted on: 2009/2/4 18:35
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
whoa..she's korean??? didnt catch that...lol...had no idea...

is she the one who was featured in like all the epik high songs??? they mainly used her for majority of the songs they used a girl for but couldnt really recruit her to their group because of her solo stuff she does...

i may have heard her before...but im going to check her out again...for good measure...i know macky would recommend her for me right???

[edit]: yea i just heard her and she's good...really good...really love her voice...very strong tone...and you can tell she's korean...(i still didnt know...bash me for it, i know..i'll take it) i missed a great singer til now...just too bad that i didnt listen to her sooner...i stared at macky's avatars and her siggy's regarding younha...but~ i found out now...so its all good for me...
Posted on: 2009/2/4 16:48
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I believe Younha also covered some Journey songs previously. I'm no expert, but I can recall her singing "Open Arms"...I think. Anyways, I have heard Younha quite a bit. Not really a fan, but I occasionally listen. Personally, I don't think she is all that special when it comes to her Japanese music. But she definitely has a great voice. I heard that Younha's second Korean album was awesome. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I have listened to "Memory" and enjoyed it. Though, I might be a bit biased because it features Tablo and sounds similar to Epik High's current musical direction. And there was 'Umbrella' from Epik High's fifth album, featuring Younha. One of my personal favorites from the album, her voice really complimented the song well.

Yes, she also covered "Open Arms" and Alicia Key's "If I ain't got you".

I would agree with you, her Japanese music didn't hit me that much, it sounded kinda weird for me, and I listen more to her Korean songs rather than the Japanese. I suppose, when she's still starting in Japan, she didn't cope up that well with the people there, and unable to express her true self. I saw the big difference of her performance in Japan and in Korea, in Japan she always make a shy-type facial expression, while in Korea she's really grown up. That's why I like her more in her Korean career because she already gained self-confidence after the Japanese experience.

Posted on: 2009/2/2 19:14
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
wow thx for the info maki

she's awesome =)
Posted on: 2009/2/2 13:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I believe Younha also covered some Journey songs previously. I'm no expert, but I can recall her singing "Open Arms"...I think. Anyways, I have heard Younha quite a bit. Not really a fan, but I occasionally listen. Personally, I don't think she is all that special when it comes to her Japanese music. But she definitely has a great voice. I heard that Younha's second Korean album was awesome. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I have listened to "Memory" and enjoyed it. Though, I might be a bit biased because it features Tablo and sounds similar to Epik High's current musical direction. And there was 'Umbrella' from Epik High's fifth album, featuring Younha. One of my personal favorites from the album, her voice really complimented the song well.
Posted on: 2009/2/2 12:13
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
wow you really like her eh? I she your new obsession?

you know she got rejected coz she wasn't pretty enough? but I disagree. she has the whole package.

Yeah, you got that right Idle

And, unfortunately yes, she got rejected before because she wasn't pretty enough, that's what they've thought. But it's their loss. I've been obsessed with Younha after hearing Houki Boshi. lol.

I like her more on the PV of the Korean Version of Houki Boshi, Hyesung. But I love the original version of Houki Boshi of course.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 18:59
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Lol macky really love Younha, best of luck to her Japanese movie debut

Posted on: 2009/2/1 5:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>