1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Re: Promotion, at the grassroots level
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
I write her name on everything walls, bathroom stalls, text books EVERYTHANG IN SCHOOL LAMOO!!
Posted on: 2010/6/15 16:01
  •  hoffa55
      hoffa55
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 42/M/TN
Getting a CD into freshman orientation bags
would be awesome, wonder if you just need
an insider on the housing staff....

My buddy works at a university near by and
what's funny is that there is a large part
of the students that are Japanese, lol.
Posted on: 2010/6/15 14:52
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Your ideas are really good, and I like the tracklist.

thanks lol and hey, even if they never check out the links, if they enjoy the music, then they'll have found a nice surprise to brighten their day
Posted on: 2010/2/14 16:36
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Your ideas are really good, and I like the tracklist.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 12:12
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
As I type this, I'm burning a few copies of a utada mix cd. I'm going to leave copies in places where people who hip folks into music may be lingering around. On the cd label, I'm going to write something to the effect of "FREE DANCE MUSIC!!!! TAKE ME!!!" along with an anonymous "for more info" link to http://bit.ly/aUz2lv (Utada.com) and http://bit.ly/bM7O8b
(UtadaNet) :))) The tracklist I've made is some of her most accessible / dancey stuff, so I'm hoping, it should spark some interest in her, from a few random people who wouldn't hear of her otherwise.

The tracklist I made is

Dirty Desire
The Workout
On And On
Devil Inside
Come Back To Me

what do you guys think of this idea?

edit: I just thought of something else, too. I'm probably going to end up browsing in music stores, and hiding the mix cds in stock of major artists releases! Hahaha. I can imagine my utada mix cd hiding behind Lady GaGa's Fame Monster, for someone to find.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 9:14
  •  soraskee
      soraskee
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Female 18 Philippines
And I'm seriously singing her song in my dormitory's common bathroom.

hope it helps.

泣きたくなるの 「じゅんじょう」

Posted on: 2010/1/10 19:36
  •  yodilit
      yodilit
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/M/Canada
At work, we're allowed to put our own iPods on. My work playlists often include a bunch of Utada.

Just the other day a client was really intrigued by "About Me" off Exodus. She wanted to know, who sang it and what album it was on and all that. She was really into it! So I wrote it down for her. :)
Posted on: 2010/1/10 18:41
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I got all of my friends to listen to CBTM right when it came out, and they all loved it! It's a good pop-r&b ballad; it sounds like what kids these days tend to like.

I'm always posting links and things on Facebook (I don't have myspace or twitter) - I posted a link of her singing Let It Snow with Mika (which was so cool!), a link to her music video, etc, etc. And I put a lot of her song lyrics in my status, too.

I'm staying with my friend at her dorm when I go see Utada in NYC in February, so I'm making her a mix cd with a bunch of different Utada songs (English and Japanese) as a way of thanking her for her hospitality, and hopefully it'll turn her onto Hikki's music! I'm including things I think she would really like (CBTM, On and On, Simple and Clean, Can You Keep A Secret?) and also some things I think she would find really unique and interesting (Beautiful World, Keep Tryin', Exodus '04). I'll make a fan of her yet!

Utada makes great music: when people hear it, they like it. It's all about getting her music heard, and the popularity will follow.

Devil Inside reached the top of the Billboard Dance charts; how can we help Dirty Desire do the same??
Posted on: 2009/12/27 11:24
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
It's been a while since my last post, but since then, I've been circulating Dirty Desire and making Utada mixes for folks. It's really kind of fun in a way, working to get one of your favorite artists recognized. Once again, feedback has been good for what I've done. anyone else doing this stuff?

edit: Now I'm trying to circulate the song on the web. I've gotten a few blogs to post links to it so far. The more people notice, the better.

[link]http://sapesaga.blogspot.com/2009/12/utada-hikaru-dirty-desire.html[/link]

[link]http://its-about-music.blogspot.com/2009/12/utada-hikaru-dirty-desire.html[/link]
Posted on: 2009/12/12 21:26
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
I've tweeted about Utada several times and blogged on MySpace, but that was months ago. Think I should do some more, I feel inspired. *does so*

edit: So, I passed a link to Come Back To Me on YouTube to about 30 or 40 people on MySpace. gotten lots of positive feedback so far. it doesn't take much work. let's push this.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 15:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>