Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  Asia Pasific Arts : Utada Hikaru: Is She the One?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Asia Pasific Arts : Utada Hikaru: Is She the One?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:

I can't agree with the "Dirty Desire" comments. That song is actually my favorite song on the album becase its "riske" (that and it reminds me of a similar situation im in now >.>;)That and my fav line evar " And in my fantasies, I love you long time" LMAO. its not ALL sexual, its also hilarious...well i think it is XD

"Poppin" and "Dirty Desire" are very sexual, but it kinda reminds me of "Kettobase!" somehow....

Teehee. That's how i feel about Dirty Desire now. I serenade that song to my boyfriend all the time now, LOLOLOLZ. X'D Like, when i'm bored and he doesn't pick up the phone... i leave a message with me singing that line. 8D fun stuff. It's usually either that one or Butterfly by Jason Mraz (cause that song's about foreplay!! 8D !). And Poppin is just fun to listen to. And blast in the car on a nice long drive. :3 I think Poppin is less sexual than Dirty Desire. Makes me think more about partying.

As for Kettobase....

"III WAANT YOOUR BAAAABEEEHHHH~~"
Posted on: 2009/4/15 21:45
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/USA
this article is very good. I dont think the author should have put in her opinion (when she said she cringed at the lyrics), but i do understand why she cringed. Some of the lyrics written are kind of awkward.

I agree where CBTM shouldnt have been put out as the single because it doesn't show what Utada can do, I think "FYI" has a better chance as a single, but eh, whats done is done. Besides CBTM seems to be doing fine, for ex. Today my freinds sister was listening to it in the car...even though she didn't know who it was....-_-;

I can't agree with the "Dirty Desire" comments. That song is actually my favorite song on the album becase its "riske" (that and it reminds me of a similar situation im in now >.>;)That and my fav line evar " And in my fantasies, I love you long time" LMAO. its not ALL sexual, its also hilarious...well i think it is XD

"Poppin" and "Dirty Desire" are very sexual, but it kinda reminds me of "Kettobase!" somehow....

I hope Hikki gets our her nervousness and preforms just like she does in japan :3

Sorry for the looong post
Posted on: 2009/4/15 20:14
Hikki Obsessed
XD Yeah, i hear ya. Good article. Not great, good. I agree on the Dirty Desire + Poppin' thing too. Beat so catchy yet lyrics oh so scandalous~~ @u@
Posted on: 2009/4/15 19:15
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Hmm this was more of her personal opinion with This is the One, although i too admit I wasn't too crazy about "Poppin" and "Dirty Desire" but it grew on me eventually.
I agree she knew what she was talking about in the article...It was a good read...not great, good...
Posted on: 2009/4/15 4:53
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

eni-san wrote:
this article was a lot better than some of the other's i've had the displeasure (is that a word?) to read. the only problem i had with it was how she was "cringing" at the lyrics. i only had a problem with the "tight jeans/no panties on" thing in "Poppin'."

for me there were a few weak spots in TITO as i first listened to it, but overall i love the album to pieces.

Yeah. Her cringing is ... well, I think it could've been left out because it's really more her personal experience. It wasn't necessary because it doesn't particularly give the audience anything but something negative and anyone else could have a different reaction to the lyrics. i.e., Unlike Eni-san here, I had more of a problem with "Dirty Desire" more than "tight jeans /no panties on /oops did i turn you on" in "Poppin'." In fact, my first reaction to Poppin' was a bunch of "HAHAHA THAT'S SO FUNNY ARE YOU SERIOUS LOLZ". "Dirty Desire" had me a bit more flustered.

Aaanyway, yes yes, overall this article was a lot less stupid than others and at least she knew what she was talking about. It's not like she made statements based off on assumptions and half baked research like the other reviewers. :3 I'd call this a good article just because this person was intelligent about it.
Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:08
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
this article was a lot better than some of the other's i've had the displeasure (is that a word?) to read. the only problem i had with it was how she was "cringing" at the lyrics. i only had a problem with the "tight jeans/no panties on" thing in "Poppin'."

for me there were a few weak spots in TITO as i first listened to it, but overall i love the album to pieces.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 15:37
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
That was a good article. She said a lot of the things i would have initially said deep inside. Very honest. Reminds me of my sister...

Very good point. Although there were some small bad comments, it was overall a good article. Other articles stated comments that were biased and talked about 'facts' that weren't liable at all. At least with this article, the writer seems to know her sh*t.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 13:37
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
That was a good article. She said a lot of the things i would have initially said deep inside. Very honest. Reminds me of my sister...
Posted on: 2009/4/12 21:51
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

KeepTryin87 wrote:
Am I the only one who when I first listened to "This Is The One" loved it?

Good article.

I hear you on that one. First time i heard it, i almost peed myself. ...I let some other friends hear it and when their reactions weren't as enthusiastic as mine... eheh, well... u_u;

I don't know.. I'm personally obsessed with this new album. I love all the songs. I could just eat it all up if it were edible. I mean, i'm really open to what she has to offer and i'm just accepting what it is. I don't really care if it's a little different from her other stuff -- am i biased? :'D;
Posted on: 2009/4/12 19:24
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Ok, artical.... the lady made it seemed like nothing was good about Exodus, personally,i loved it last part was a little harsh

Quote:
If you've seen the performances from Utada on the morning news shows, I don't see the pop starlet who's sold millions of albums in Japan. Instead I see a nervous, pretty singer who hasn't commanded the art of performing effectively to an audience. If I'm already a fan and I'm not truly enamored with your performance, can someone who isn't currently a fan be won over?

nervous, pretty singer??? ok, i admit that it wasnt Hikki`s best but cut her some slack...she`s nervous. But she really needs to see some of Hikki`s past performances, she`ll be blown away
Posted on: 2009/4/9 8:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>