1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Re: second single
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
Yea since TITO popularity has dropped she needs a second single that is different...I think Dirty Desire would be a perfect choice, it's kinda provocative.

Also she could choose, Poppin', while its not a favorite among a lot of fans, the song is upbeat & distinct from what's out in the radio plus that song potentially could have a crazy Austin Powers themed video!
Posted on: 2009/6/18 14:47
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
DD is a very good song - but I don't think that Hikki would feel comfortable (censored)ting it out in a potential PV for it. A & C seems to be a logical choice - but seeing as how TITO's momentum seems to be a 0, I worry that it may not be enough.
Posted on: 2009/6/14 21:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
if they do FYI it should be a Christmas, no? I think that she should drop "Takin My Money Back" or "This One" next, personally... She and Def Jam need to just do way more promoting than they've done. Hikki's done better this time around, but I mean, maybe an exclusive massive live on MTV where she could sing both songs from her English albums AND a couple of her Japanese hits, you know?
Posted on: 2009/6/12 22:18
  •  JTW
      JTW
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I agree.
Posted on: 2009/6/12 22:02
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
well, if they do a single for Dirty Desire, I'd really want to see a video of that
but what i really want to see a video of FYI because i'd imagine it would be like Keep Tryin or Traveling, because it sounds very playful
That is, if they do release it as a single.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 19:54
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I've lived in the USA for my whole life, which is 18 years now, and the two songs that should be considered as the next single are:

Dirty Desire
Automatic Part II

Think about it. She can't do two ballads in a row, that would make a lot of people ignore her. It needs to be upbeat, and appeal to your average Britney Spears, Flo Rida, Lady GaGa fan! Those two are the best choices.

As for the third single (I hope to god that there will be AT LEAST a third!) Apple And Cinnamon and This One (Crying Like A Child) would be good choices.
Posted on: 2009/5/8 15:43
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
Quote:

Tayvein wrote:
First off everyone here, cuz im the one who heard the news on dirty desire, now first of all i love the whole CD it's banging and its awesome but we have to look at the music industry at the moment and whats gonna get this CD to sell. I know as a musician myself the music is gonna be depreciated due to the american market. Personally i love FYI and AC awesome joints but in this market i dont believe they'll do all that well on the charts. Dirty Desire or TMMB will. Picture this remix featuring a hot rapper, or producer will sell that single and get air play on the radio. I barely hear CBTM on the radio and thats pop/r&b ballad. we dont need another ballad. To those who thinks of "Dirty Desire" as to explicit have u heard american radio lately ever song on the radio talks about sex Godly. Plus she needs a upbeat summer joint that will get her notice. For those who say well shes new will the radio do that, well have you heard "I kissed a girl" number one one like 20 charts and thats on lesbianism if thats a word. So you guys need to really study the American Market. Japanese market this album would be banging because of the lyrics and style. I'm also a japanese singer-songwriter and i have to write totally different when it comes to my music in Japan so understand that.

Love All Yall
You guys still go out and by the album May 12th 2009
They Albums still banging anyway and @ they end of the day its all about the music. And having Hikki to be happy!!!!

I couldn't have put it better myself. I agree comepletely. To get the album to sell, they need the single to be whatever will get the most attention, and lyrically if it's dirty, even better because it'll get buzz on that! I mean, the single just needs to be something catchy that people will talk about, weather it's the best song on the album or not. Some of the songs, while good, just aren't 'single' material. But! The album as a whole is strong, and very well done.
Posted on: 2009/5/1 13:53
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/Male/VA,USA
First off everyone here, cuz im the one who heard the news on dirty desire, now first of all i love the whole CD it's banging and its awesome but we have to look at the music industry at the moment and whats gonna get this CD to sell. I know as a musician myself the music is gonna be depreciated due to the american market. Personally i love FYI and AC awesome joints but in this market i dont believe they'll do all that well on the charts. Dirty Desire or TMMB will. Picture this remix featuring a hot rapper, or producer will sell that single and get air play on the radio. I barely hear CBTM on the radio and thats pop/r&b ballad. we dont need another ballad. To those who thinks of "Dirty Desire" as to explicit have u heard american radio lately ever song on the radio talks about sex Godly. Plus she needs a upbeat summer joint that will get her notice. For those who say well shes new will the radio do that, well have you heard "I kissed a girl" number one one like 20 charts and thats on lesbianism if thats a word. So you guys need to really study the American Market. Japanese market this album would be banging because of the lyrics and style. I'm also a japanese singer-songwriter and i have to write totally different when it comes to my music in Japan so understand that.

Love All Yall
You guys still go out and by the album May 12th 2009
They Albums still banging anyway and @ they end of the day its all about the music. And having Hikki to be happy!!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/30 21:27
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Quote:

AlyMayhem wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think FYI would make a strong single. I just don't get the "I'M A GOOD SINGLE" vibe when I hear it. I like the song, but I just don't feel confident it'd do fantastic on the radio.

*Shrug!* Just my opinion of course. :3

really?
hmmm.... now that i look at it, it doesn't really feel like a radio song compared to the songs they play now.
yea
dirty desire or poppin fits today's music fad more, but they kinda are very odd but ok's!

huh, there i go again with the opinion thing.
i gotta stop.
Posted on: 2009/4/30 16:51
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think FYI would make a strong single. I just don't get the "I'M A GOOD SINGLE" vibe when I hear it. I like the song, but I just don't feel confident it'd do fantastic on the radio.

*Shrug!* Just my opinion of course. :3
Posted on: 2009/4/30 14:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>