A/S/L
www.cdjapan.co.jp
www.hmv.co.jp
www.yesasia.com
www.play-asia.com

I bought from them before...
I wouldn't buy from Amazon..rip off prices

yesasia & play-asia offers both the Japanese made
as well as Hong Kong/Taiwan made version...so make sure you're ordering the right one
Posted on: 2009/4/30 15:47
Re: Ordering Hikarus CDs...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
PErsonally, when i used to be an anime-junkie (ahahahaaa my otaku stained past!! XD), i used to get posters and anime merchandise and Utada CDs from eBay all the time. On my PARENTS' credit card, cause obviously i was too young to have one myself. I always got the products nice and untouched.

Recently (or not that recently), eBay's made some features or other stuff in order to make it more safe. i.e., there's the buyer/seller review&rating. You can go to the seller's review page and see what their buyers say. If that seller has high rates and if the reviews say good stuff, then most likely it's safe to buy from him/her. If the rates are bad and the reviewers comment bad stuffs... well then.

Then again, this is only eBay. XD

But yeah. uhh... millions of online shopping and online ordering/shipping has been going on for years and years already. I'm sure there have been a lot of people that have been ripped off or jipped from eBay sellers or other sites but in general the flow of online ordering has remained pretty consistent. My mom usually finds the prices cheaper for the same exact product on the web and did all of her Christmas shopping on the computer.

But yeah. S'ultimately your call though, dude. :B
Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:55
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
i usually buy from amazon or yesasia or ebay. amazon is good its just that the prices are sometimes kinda high. i've never been asked for SSN when i ordered from yesasia, so i find that strange. and ebay is sorta good too.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 19:22
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Theres CDJapan too, right?
I cant remember if I bought Heart Station from YesAsia or CD Japan, but I remember being very happy with whoever it was.
This was after buying first Distance from Amazon, and getting pissed after it came with a crack in the case, and then mad after it took like, weeks for Heart Station/Stay Gold to come. So you won't find me buying from Amazon again. I honestly can't stand them.

Deep River I bought from a Japanese store in NYC(luckily I live close).
And I got First Love as a gift, but I'm not sure where they ordered it from. It's basically going to be expensive (Like 30$ or so) no matter where you get it, if its new.
Anyway, yeah. Lol just need Ultra Blue! (and TITO)

Edit: I'll also just share the one time when I went to a convention, and one of the booths selling stuff has her Ultra Blue(and given I'm missing it, I was excited). I asked the price, and the guy said it was 12$. Which was... incredibly surprising, and I figured it was too good to be true), and as soon as I looked at the back I could tell it was a bootleg :(
Posted on: 2009/4/22 18:47
Re: Ordering Hikaru's CDs...
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L California
You could try looking up Japanese stores that sell cds in your area. But it would be hard. Even if you do find one, the prices will most likely be quite high.

Your best bet is the internet. I've been buying online for about 6 years now and haven't had a problem yet. It just depends on where and who you buy it from. I started my Utada Hikaru collection through ebay. Always use paypal! That's your best bet for security if buying through ebay. Make sure to check the seller's feedback to see if he's legit. You don't wanna get scammed. But even if you do, you're still protected through paypal and can get your money back.

Amazon is also good, reliable, and safe. But it's really pricey, even in the used section.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 17:10
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
But is it safe? That's what I would like to know. xD

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
...amazon dot com ? i was able to buy her stuff myself there cause i have my own debit/credit card ... >_>;
Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:30
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Is something I would freaking love to do! I really, REALLY want to buy First Love so that I have all of her albums (Well, her Japanese albums. I would still need to buy Precious.) but the places I have been buying them, like places in the mall, are closing down. Wtf? lol. I won't buy from eBay cuz I dunno, don't trust that shit. And I can't buy from YesAsia becuause of the whole SSN thing. If I were to ask for it(Cuz I don't know it xD) my mom would be like, "For what?" And I'd be like, "So I could buy stuff online..." She'd be like, "Wtf? Denied!" xD So, yeah. Any reccomendations?

.............just do the NET.......................it's the only way....................other than going to Japan yourself :P
Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:23
Ordering Hikaru's CDs...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Is something I would freaking love to do! I really, REALLY want to buy First Love so that I have all of her albums (Well, her Japanese albums. I would still need to buy Precious.) but the places I have been buying them, like places in the mall, are closing down. Wtf? lol. I won't buy from eBay cuz I dunno, don't trust that shit. And I can't buy from YesAsia becuause of the whole SSN thing. If I were to ask for it(Cuz I don't know it xD) my mom would be like, "For what?" And I'd be like, "So I could buy stuff online..." She'd be like, "Wtf? Denied!" xD So, yeah. Any reccomendations?

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic