Utada Hikaru's song's

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada Hikarus songs
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Oh.. I remember that in one of DEEP RIVER interview. At first she wants to titled SAKURA DOROPPUSU with "Sakura Drop" ("sakura" in a normal case, "drop" written in latin alphabet). But later she changed the title to "SAKURA DOROPPUSU" ("sakura" in all capital and "drops" in katakana). She didn't tell the reason why ~_~
i think it just random things
Posted on: 2009/4/30 4:14
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
i think this is where the theory of barried and macdan will come...the capitalization is used to differentiate the single from the album...example is the album "Distance", while the song is titled "DISTANCE"...very helpful when the situation calls for reading...like when you read about it, if it's all capital, then you will know that it's the single they're writing about...

in the case of FINAL DISTANCE, there is no word "FINAL" sung in the song...it's just the word used to differentiate the RnB song and the ballad...and since the original title is "DISTANCE", they might as well make "FINAL" all capitalized cause it will be a funny titled song if it goes like this "Final DISTANCE"...

there are 2 songs that are bothering my mind now because these songs are arguments to my theory...it's "COLORS" and "traveling"...=P
Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:20
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

wholesome247 wrote:
this is just a guess...just thought of it while going to school...

i think the titles with all capital letters are songs that are sang by hikki in japanese way...a good example is HEART STATION...instead of singing it the english way, she sang HAATO SUTEISHON (pardon the spelling) or BLUE, cause she sang it BURUU...while the ones with the capital letter first like "Automatic, Movin on without you, Beautiful World", they are sang with the normal english way...

anyways, this is just a random guess...really dunno why make these things complicated...hehehe=P

That is a good theory, but FINAL DISTANCE is also capitalized and she say's it the American way, so, I don't think that's the case. I guess it's just a Japanese thing.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 20:24
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Utada Hikaru
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
yes that can be also a point
Posted on: 2009/4/28 20:17
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Re: Utada Hikaru
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
what I thought was that the capitalization was an identifier... for example, someone write DEEP RIVER, instead of Deep River... then that person might be referring to the album and not the song...

well... that was my guess...

and I also agree with wholesome247, he explanation does makes sense...
Posted on: 2009/4/27 10:48
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
Quote:

wholesome247 wrote:

i think the titles with all capital letters are songs that are sang by hikki in japanese way...a good example is HEART STATION...instead of singing it the english way, she sang HAATO SUTEISHON (pardon the spelling) or BLUE, cause she sang it BURUU...while the ones with the capital letter first like "Automatic, Movin on without you, Beautiful World", they are sang with the normal english way...

anyways, this is just a random guess...really dunno why make these things complicated...hehehe=P

Oh..That's a cleverly reason.I agree with you.
Posted on: 2009/4/27 8:04
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines

Posted on: 2009/4/27 7:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Yeah I've been curious about that too. But I think it's a Japanese thing because Ayumi Hamasaki also does that for some of her songs as well.
Posted on: 2009/4/25 21:10
  •  paisith
      paisith
Re: Utada Hikaru's song's
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
In my opinion,I think they have a theory in mass psychology
.I mean what a song that will have a chance to be a high success or expect to have a good feed back from consumer(In fact,every songs of Hikki always success)They will make a different of song's title name by capitalize with the reason too easy when someone think about that song and too easy to writing song's title name in other place.

I'm not sure all above.May be I'm wrong but in my observation an other japanese artist still have a same method to define a capitalize of song's name.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 9:14
Re: Utada Hikaru's song's
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Actually the the song titled "Deep River", but the album is "DEEP RIVER.
She did that on Distance too, the album itself titled "Distance", while the song is "DISTANCE".
And she also did the first letter capitalised on First Love's "Movin' on without you" and even the random "Automatic -Album edit-" and "Addicted To You [UP-IN-HEAVEN-Mix]".
And Ultra Blue is actually ULTRA BLUE
Posted on: 2009/4/25 7:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>