1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Re: Who has bought This is the One on CD Today? 05/12/09
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
The place close to my campus that I just KNEW would have the album didn't...so now I wait. Again.

Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
She's actually doing better then expected on the Amazon sales charts:
She is #46 on mp3 albums sales and #117 on the physical side.

To put that in a little perspective:

Ciara who released her album a week before Hikki and is a fairly popular R&B artist is #268 on physical albums.

Keri Hilson who released her album digitally on the same day as Hikki did is at #120.

BoA? well....she is #2,556 and #2,735 respectively.

So according to these Amazon numbers not only is she holding her own against a couple of female pop heavyweights but she is outselling them, at least on Amazon.

Also she is #84 on Itunes Pop albums charts, this is after nearly 2 months after it's debut.
Not bad for a "Japanese artist nobody has heard of".

There are no Billboard sales figures are out yet but with numbers like these I hope they translate into a spot on the Billboard Top 100 albums.

Which would make Music history I believe.
Unless there was another Asian artist or group that has done that which I'm not aware of.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a crazy prediction, she debuts #55 on the Billboard Top 200 albums.

I've listened to part of Ciara's new album, and I really don't think it's quality (at least compared to her album "Evolution," which came out a few years ago). So the fact that Hikki is ahead of her is no surprise to me.

I tried to think of another Asian artist who might have made it big in the U.S. ...and I can't think of one either.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased, and I can't wait to get my hands on the CD...
Posted on: 2009/5/19 11:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
She's actually doing better then expected on the Amazon sales charts:
She is #46 on mp3 albums sales and #117 on the physical side.

To put that in a little perspective:

Ciara who released her album a week before Hikki and is a fairly popular R&B artist is #268 on physical albums.

Keri Hilson who released her album digitally on the same day as Hikki did is at #120.

BoA? well....she is #2,556 and #2,735 respectively.

So according to these Amazon numbers not only is she holding her own against a couple of female pop heavyweights but she is outselling them, at least on Amazon.

Also she is #84 on Itunes Pop albums charts, this is after nearly 2 months after it's debut.
Not bad for a "Japanese artist nobody has heard of".

There are no Billboard sales figures are out yet but with numbers like these I hope they translate into a spot on the Billboard Top 100 albums.

Which would make Music history I believe.
Unless there was another Asian artist or group that has done that which I'm not aware of.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a crazy prediction, she debuts #55 on the Billboard Top 200 albums.
Posted on: 2009/5/19 10:43
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/Male/VA,USA
finally found the cd, @ walmart, i went to like 3 different walmarts, i was gettin angry and was about to call IDJ for nto putting enough Cds out, but im calm and excited about my purchase cant wait to see how the cd did its first week of release!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/19 8:41
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Grrr!!!!! I WANT MY OWN COPY!!!!!! NOW !!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Posted on: 2009/5/19 5:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
I agree. If anyone has any info on how the CD is doing in terms of sales and popularity and whatnot... please let us know! XD
Posted on: 2009/5/18 0:04
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I'm not sure how but four days later I am already completely addicted to this extended album. I am very excited to see sales stats for the first week.. If anyone knows where to find this information then please post it!

Everything about the album I was completely unsure about. The title seemed self righteous, the single seemed too mainstream.. But now it all makes sense. Utada doesn't disappoint. She never has. I consider myself the failure in this regard. I like all tracks but Poppin and Dirty Desire..

I'm still pissed about not getting a poster from FYE
Posted on: 2009/5/16 1:20
  •  xO1000wordsxO
      xO1000wordsxO
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
@ cutelilme:

Well, I was told it's going to be an autograph picture. But who knows..
Posted on: 2009/5/15 16:40
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
can someone scan the booklet??
no scanning please. if you wanna see whats inside, grab yourself a copy of the album
Posted on: 2009/5/15 4:06
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L California
oh. yeah, I know. There's a small thank you note and mention of the bonus tracks on the back cover. I just thought there would be lyrics. I mentioned this because I have the Hong Kong Version and the booklet is exactly the same (just no mention of the bonus tracks on the back cover). I guess I was expecting something more.

Anywho, sorry for any mix-ups. Man, I'm tempted to go to the store and buy me another copy for a poster. =)
Posted on: 2009/5/14 22:56
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Awww.. yeah, so i got mine from Amazon... but i went to FYE with my bf today and caught me a second copy. >XD Mwaahahaahahaaaa.
Posted on: 2009/5/14 20:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>