•  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Utada to perform Evangelion 2.0 theme song
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Another info
http://movie.goo.ne.jp/contents/news/NFE200906300002/index.html

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000050720

Quote:
Russell McNamara that are participating this time as a good understanding of her work, adding new colors to the world view of music with an acoustic approach

Yes he does, it was very nice remix

Edit : Evangelion 2.0 make a break through with #1 at Japan Box Office http://www.walkerplus.com/movie/ranking/japan.html
Posted on: 2009/7/1 2:14
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
nah she didn't re sing the song, it sounds nice tho =D

i can't wait to see that anime tho
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:26
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Thanks for the links, does she re-sing the song ?, actually i kinda like . I love the sound of the acoustic guitar and the electric even it's a bit simple remix. But i like it XD
Posted on: 2009/6/28 23:14
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Posted on: 2009/6/28 23:03
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

kaythreez wrote:

I found the song on Youtube~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH6F8gCu0Vc

The URL contained a malformed video ID. That's what it said, i cant listen to it any other link anybody
Posted on: 2009/6/28 22:30
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I'm not an Evangelion fan or follower but I read elseware that a remix makes more sense because the 2nd movie is typically the "same" as the first? I didn't really understand that since I haven't seen the first or read about the second movie but maybe the theme and storyline of the movies are similar and the lyrics of Beautiful World fits the second movie as well so they just wanted to mix it up with a tune that fit the new movie but with the same lyrics? *shrugs* Again, I've never seen an entire episode or movie of Evangelion (though one of my profs should a clip of the first episode in lecture before...) so that's just my speculation.
Posted on: 2009/6/28 12:21
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
If fans like me who did expect a new song, will be disappointed, but this is a creditable attempt to fill a Hikki gap, I was so looking forward to something new although Hikki apparently never indicated she would deliver a new theme tune sound track for Evanglion 2.0, and as for ?9 Sai no Omoide?, I really can?t believe I compared this ?new? song to Hikki going ?back to the future? in an earlier thread, it was a little mental.

I think this remix was the only option
Posted on: 2009/6/28 2:06
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Sounds messy to me.
Posted on: 2009/6/27 22:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

teiku5 wrote:
What if the reason she hasn't been active is because she got the surgery she denied after UU06...hmmmm.

I sure hope so. She always seems to struggle with her songs now. She does a beautiful job regardless, but another of my favorite singers got vocal surgery after straining her voice during one of her tours (I'm pretty sure she also took a lengthy break from blogging during that period if I remember correctly), and now her voice is much, much better. I saw her live a couple of months ago, and she sang songs she recorded when her voice was hurting, and the difference was highly noticeable.
Also, this would explain why Hikki has been completely missing for so long; I think after vocal surgery there's something like a month-long period where you aren't allowed to use your voice. It's really intense. On the other hand, if she did get the surgery, her voice will be AMAZING when she re-appears. Maybe they're just upping the anti so that at some point she'll schedule a random performance on television and when she sings everyone will be totally blown away. xD

And now can I just say that I totally freaking love the PLANiTb remix of "Beautiful World"? The original was really ethereal and wicked (in a good way), but this one has a bit more of a comfortable pop/rock feel to it somehow. Plus, it's almost completely renovated except for vocals, so it seems like a whole new song, not just a remix. :3

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/6/27 22:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>