123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Been listening to Exodus album again
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Well cant agree more Canti, Exodus were more better that TITO and when you look at T.I.T.O selling album and Exodus. I dont know about T.I.T.O selling album in US but http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/reply.php?forum=3&topic_id=3789&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20"edac=1&post_id=104963 in Japan right now still on 200.000++ copies but Exodus this album got 1 Million copies, despite she is not launched any album a year before Exodus . Exodus with little promotion i've read some where correct me if i were wrong Exodus got 50.000++ copies outside Japan.

well, your numbers are estimations, but it's pretty much all accurate.
i say if her "mainstream" album did worse than her experimental one, then something must be wrong with the former.

i agree with Lo as well. the juxtaposition of lyrics really refreshed my perspective.
Posted on: 2009/8/18 21:26
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well cant agree more Canti, Exodus were more better that TITO and when you look at T.I.T.O selling album and Exodus. I dont know about T.I.T.O selling album in US but in Japan right now still on 200.000++ copies but Exodus this album got 1 Million copies, despite she is not launched any album a year before Exodus . Exodus with little promotion i've read some where correct me if i were wrong Exodus got 50.000++ copies outside Japan.
Posted on: 2009/8/18 21:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

AngelHikari wrote:
I totally agree with JimJam, Exodus was underrated...
Technically the songs were all brilliant, considering Hikki hadn't done anything as 'experimental' before.
I love all the quirky and smart lyrics, it proves that Hikki wasn't afraid to try out new things here.
Kremlin Dusk was certainly a highlight of the album, but for me it was tied with Exodus 04'.

Of course it can't be compared with TiTO...
There are more tracks on Exodus
This is The One is more 'Pop/R&B-ish'

When I listen to Exodus it gave a sense of childish and playfulness that came out in the lyrics, but with This is The One you can definitely tell that Hikki's matured so much...

When I listen to Exodus it gave a sense of childish and playfulness that came out in the lyrics, but with This is The One you can definitely tell that Hikki's matured so much...

Balderdash.Not just that last statement.But your entire view of Hikki's career imo.

Technically the songs were all brilliant, considering Hikki hadn't done anything as 'experimental' before.

That's absolutely 120% wrong.She has Distance and Deep River underneath her belt come Exodus.It was established pretty early on that Hikaru likes doing new things with these 2 albums.The are a world of difference between each other and intensely risky in form of single releases.It was a particularly messy format in music in Japan at the time.Indie = Mainstream in 2002.She unknowingly exceeded expectation.Her skills as a programmer shines on those arrangements.

Now this here...

Well let me give some examples.

Let's start with my "favorite" of TiTO,none other than
Automatic part 2

"Hello, my name is Utada, like ladi dadi dadi da
For your information, I am here to take you higher
Do you like the way I shine like freshly cut sapphire
Music is my business and I'm here to pour it on you"

hmm...now let's take something from Exodus..Say you the title track no less.

Exodus '04

"Landscapes keep changing
History teaches something
I know I could be mistaken, but my heart has spoken
I cannot redirect my feelings
The waves have parted"

Now both an expression of self on Utada's part but which seems more enthralling?Which better depicts an Adult's character?
Posted on: 2009/8/18 19:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
^is exodus really underrated? i mean, it went platinum in japan, didn't it?
Posted on: 2009/8/18 14:55
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
I totally agree with JimJam, Exodus was underrated...
I love all the quirky and smart lyrics, it proves that Hikki wasn't afraid to try out new things here.
Kremlin Dusk was certainly a highlight of the album, but for me it was tied with Exodus 04'.

Of course it can't be compared with TiTO...
There are more tracks on Exodus
This is The One is more 'Pop/R&B-ish'

Posted on: 2009/8/18 10:18
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I've always thought of EXODUS as one of Utada's better albums. When I listen to it, I really her her quirks and personality shine through.
Kremlin Dusk, asmany people have said, is the best track on the album. All the while I wonder why it wasn't chosen as a single... It's beyond me.

And yes, I saw EXODUS on the UK iTunes a few months back - I was the first person to review it, I think.
But yes, a truly under-rated album.

All the tracks are little gems in themselves, and I love it. I don't like how people are saying EXODUS is better than This Is The One, because they're not really comparable, because they're both completely different, especially content-wise. Yes, you can prefer one, but not compare them... That's difficult.
But yes, EXODUS is very good. One of my favourite Utada albums!
Posted on: 2009/8/18 8:14
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
oh really? maybe i should try that, thx
Posted on: 2009/8/17 23:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You should check the Barnes and Noble in your area. If they don't have it, you can always ask them to order it for you and you can pick it up at the store when it arrives and pay then. They'll notify you. Exodus is worth it :). It was my first Utada album.
Posted on: 2009/8/17 23:33
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
well i have never check bust buy, so idk, the percentage of the album being there is low...
Posted on: 2009/8/17 23:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
if exodus is still in store's for sale, i would so buy it!!!

You can buy Exodus at stores like Barnes and Noble, Borders and Best Buy. I bought mine at Barnes and Noble.

I've been listening to Exodus again too and now it's actually one of my favorite Utada albums. It takes a while to really to get used to and appreciate the creative, experimental sounds and originality of the album. I like it way more than This Is The One. It's funny but I think Exodus would do much better today.
Posted on: 2009/8/17 16:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>